Home

E3: Madden NFL 10 Impressions

This is a discussion on E3: Madden NFL 10 Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #65
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: I think Madden has a chance to pass The Show

I'm glad you said your favorite game. The Show is the result of a lot of work and is rightly acclaimed. Even Ian praises it. It's gonna take some time for Madden to reach that level of depth and polish..... I'm guessing that '12 will be the best year in EA Sports history and, most likely sports gaming history!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #66
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Agreed. For it to match the show on presentation, they are going to have to fix that twitch camera view when plays end (it locks onto players, instead of on a point and/or panning, thus it twitches / moves quickly with the player movement - ick).
Yea also it cuts in too quick. The play is barely over when it switches to the post play cam. I also noticed on some plays it doesn't kick in at all, unless the user was button mashing. Also noticed it cuts to the play call screen too quick too, again, unless the user was pressing buttons.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: E3: Madden NFL 10 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
It's understandable that some players (probably most who only play online) don't think it's so bad, however to alot of the hardcore offline franchise players it's a big deal. The biggest thing we really want is authenticity to the real NFL game.

We want to be immersed and brought into an NFL world. Alot of the offline franchisers don't play online because it's simply not realistic, and those guys want more of an authentic sim-based football experience.

It's just different strokes for different folks is all.

I am still buying the game of course, and the only problems I have with Madden 10 right now are:

1. Tom Hammond
2. No real halftime/postgame and extra point SHOW.
3. Not being able to trade future draft picks.

Some of us are particular, and want the best experience we can get. All the hard work by the EA team is appreciated, but alot are frustrated because it's been years and they still don't have things that a 5 year old....actually..nevermind. You get the picture.

The deciding factor for me will be franchise's off season.

I'll have a problem with franchise mode if they haven't improved the FA signing/trading/contract negotiating. It was too easy to rip the computer off and easily build up your team, because you could sign anyone you wanted without the computer competing.

This NEEDS to be like Head Coach. I am confident the draft will be much improved, because otherwise why bother putting in the pre-made draft classes?

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6
Stat overlays in Franchise mode...

Sorry if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if the stat overlays for the previous season will show up during franchise mode, or will it always be the 2008 stats? I noticed in one of the pastapadre videos that it had Julius Jones' stats for 2008 which I'm guessing was because he was either A) playing an exhibition game or B) was in year 1 of franchise.

I know logically you would think it would update from year to year (ie when in year 2015 it would show the player's 2014 stats), but I've seen so many games over the years do this incorrectly. Not Madden per se, just sports games in general.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm glad you said your favorite game. The Show is the result of a lot of work and is rightly acclaimed. Even Ian praises it. It's gonna take some time for Madden to reach that level of depth and polish..... I'm guessing that '12 will be the best year in EA Sports history and, most likely sports gaming history!

2012? oh thats just right around the corner.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #70

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I wonder if the broadcast angle used in the post game highlights is the angle we get to view CPU vs CPU games from.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bears
The Show is on another planet.
This is so true and I personally do not watch or keep up with the sport (shame on me by the way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Sloooooooooow down.
It is hard this time of year, we are very positive people here on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #72
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

What I don't understand is how you could not trade future draft picks even though it was in the game before. I mean, it doesn't kill the game for me, but I like to have options when it comes to dealing with trades in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »