Home

New E3 videos from Pastapadre

This is a discussion on New E3 videos from Pastapadre within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #57
Rookie

TwoHeadedDog's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New E3 videos from Pastapadre

I'm not seeing formation subs anywhere. That worries me. Ideally it would be in the franchise menu like "old gen." But, it didn't appear to be there or "in game" either.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #58
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Solid vids.

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but the QB's look larger in the mid-section. Not going to say they got flaks in there, but they do look bigger. Maybe it's just me.

On another note, I'm glad the QB's walk to the LOS. But I wish they would've added some hesitation to the QB lining up behind center. He should get to the line, briefly survey the field, point out blitzers, etc before he settles under the center. No biggie though.
Survery would be nice, but I am seeing some thickness in qb midsections too, looks like this is a fix they put in

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
I don't know the difficulty level but there was zero pressure on the QB from the DL... i counted 9 seconds on one play where the QB just shifted around the pocket and not 1 d-lineman got near him.

I hope they haven't overdone the o-lineman's ability this year... there needs to be a balance.
I've got to assume its pro (I didn't listen with audio but if that is pasta padre playing im almost definitely assuming its pro. I want to see the pocket on all pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Still dont understand......Bears helmet is just blue and nothing else.

It's a throwback helmet, its part of the mix and match uniform stuff, or a bug one or the other.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The nameplate situation still looks like an issue as Champ Bailey still reads "C.Bailey" and Julius Jones still reads "J.Jones" and so on...
I'm guessing that's not easily fixed because it's probably done globablly for players with the same last name.

Awesome vids. Loving the smoothness, pro-tak is really evident, the presentation upgrades and stat overlays are great, and it's great to see accelerated clock in action.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols/bravesfan
Oh my gosh can you guys stop complaing about a dang red circle?
no kidding man...people are complaining about VERY PETTY stuff around here...and blind to the HUGE improvements..thats almost worse then how my girlfriend complains on a bad day lol

The presentation and atmosphere is ALIVE, its ALIVE!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #61
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Really Really like what I saw lots of improvements, i just hope DL men don't fall alot thats one thing I can't stand bout past maddens, Also doesn't look like it but I hope they find a way to put in double team pass blocking it looks whack having O line men just standing there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #62
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Really happy there is a nice balance with the gang tackles...

...I along with other people were worried there would be a pileup every single play -- but real good job EA.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #63
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Good points, Madden is looking pretty nice, however I would have liked to see more CPU on offense.

Also one of the highlights was of Cutler completing a pass for 0 yards. Hopefully they fix that.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 22

I am very pleased with the videos shown here. The speed of the game looks great. You can finally manage your time in the pocket while looking for your receivers to get open. The presentation looks great, graphics are great. and the qb inaccuracy is something that is long overdue. This game will be sitting in my 360 for quite some time when it comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »