Home

Big Red Circle

This is a discussion on Big Red Circle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Big Red Circle

I have no problem with it at all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #42
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Some people are making a big deal outta nothing, and I think its gonna help on co-op which I will play a lot.
Agreed. The red circle ain't going to be that big of a deal. Like I said already. There is most likly a off and on option for it. And if not it want break the game.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #43
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
There are people who can't accept other people's opinions, and are posting angrily.
I think people a just tired of going into every topic ans seeing too much negativity.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
This is what I've gotten from the thread:

*The majority don't like the Big Red Landing Pad and/or have no use for it.

*There are people who say they can live with it, even though they think it looks ridiculous.

*There are people who say they can live with it, but would rather be able to turn it off.

*There are a few people who don't care one way or the other.

*There are people who can't accept other people's opinions, and are posting angrily. They also have the idea that because they don't think it's a big deal, everyone who has expressed dislike are somehow out of line for mentioning they dislike it.

For the latter, I think those folks should be reminded of several things:

1. We had larger uproars over visual items we don't even see all game long (Celebration squares) or things that could actually be turned off (Weapons). It was the voices of the communities that let EA know this was not wanted and changes were made as a result of that community voice. This landing pad is the exact same deal, except this will be seen every time a pass is throw and every time a return is made... and as of right now, there appears to be no way to turn it off. The only reason the outcry about this is happening so late, is because we got vids later this year as opposed to last year so people outside of Community Day and other events didn't see it until now.

The point is, we didn't get to this spot of having things changed in Madden like we are now by standing by and saying nothing. Ridiculing people who have a problem with this is useless and unproductive and not the direction we need to go in. That's not what got us to the point we're at now.

There are threads about things I don't care about popping up all day everyday here. You know what I do? I don't post in them. It's really very simple. If it doesn't apply to me or I have no problem I just don't post. If I do post, it's to give my opinion but not to tear down people because they feel a certain way about something that I don't agree with, that's unproductive and it helps no one. Everyone has a different view of how important some things are, we need to respect that. Think about it; isn't this respect exactly what we've been asking the Madden Team to have for our ideas? Do you think they feel everything WE think is important to us is also important to them? Of course not. But they've been wise to take our input seriously because we're now getting closer to a real football game. We weren't there just 2 seasons ago.

2. If anything, even if you love the Bigh Red Circle you should still support an on/off option for it just so we let the Madden Team understand that having choice is the direction we want this franchise to continue on at every level be it graphical or otherwise as many other franchises even within EA have been doing for years. Nothing but good can come from that. I'm pretty sure choice is what we all want. After all, this was THEIR public offer to us, in their own words, and we need to voice to them that this is what we expect them to keep.

Rather than ridiculing, let's be supportive of the desire for choice--no matter how small or great you may see it as personally--because in the end pushing that mindset to the Madden Team benefits every single one of us. I thought with their new mantras on things and reading some of their fact sheets, they had 100% nailed this down, but after seeing the Wii having a custom playcall screen while Madden on 360/PS3 has a simplistic one with no options for more functions, and seeing this Big Red Landing Circle... it's clear that they still have a little more work to do to get this customization-of-experience mindset down. Let's help them get there.
Well said, as usual!! Personally, it takes away from the obvious intent of the rest of the game to immerse us in the game. To me, it's almost equivalent of having Daffy Duck doing play by play...sucks the atmosphere out of the game. IMO...
Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 19

I personally know I can live with it if it Madden shipped with it looking that way.
But I would prefer it to be smaller, and more transparent by a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #46
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
I think people a just tired of going into every topic ans seeing too much negativity.
Yes you are correct my friend. This why Ian took a brake from the forms because to many people are complaining. So took off. He will be back when things calm down. For now we are on our own. Ian you are doing great work. Keep it up my friend.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Then there is no need for them to post in it if they have nothing productive to add.

Although I see no negative from posting that you dislike something, the fact of the matter is that there will be negatives and positives; That's part of the creative business and part of life. It's better to deal with it, face it and improve from it rather than going on campaigns to pacify it (because that's an impossible mission) or running away from it (because it can't be run from).
Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yes you are correct my friend. This why Ian took a brake from the forms because to many people are complaining. So took off. He will be back when things calm down. For now we are on our own. Ian you are doing great work. Keep it up my friend.
Good God, man, are you on EA's payroll or something?? EVERY post I see you make is butt-snorkling Ian and Tiburon. Face it, the game is NOT perfect, and has vast room for improvement....nothing wrong with being honest and giving the devs some direction to improve the game.

I swear, if it wasn't for your butt-kissing posts, you'd be nowhere near the 1,500 posts you've made in a month! Sorry, but it just gets old reading this drivel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »