Home

Us Franchise guys are restless... we need a post-E3 franchise blog

This is a discussion on Us Franchise guys are restless... we need a post-E3 franchise blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
Rookie

TwoHeadedDog's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Us Franchise guys are restless... we need a post-E3 franchise blog

To me it appears as though the fixing of some known franchise issues (poor draft, progression, and FA logic) are going to be touted as this year's "features." If anything it appears as though we may lose some franchise options we currently enjoy like the ability to train players. I'd like to be proven wrong, but this game goes gold in less than two months. I think presentation is king this year. I just hope that two months into this game all the people who begged for presentation aren't bypassing all the cut scenes and half-time shows while us franchise folks are still waiting for depth and replay value.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

How do you guys know that franchise mode has not been fixed?

The stuff that you do not see was the main problem with franchise mode in previous year. Examples being how the ai picks players in the draft and basically the ai logic all throughout the off season. Until that stuff is fixed adding more to franchise mode will not bring good results.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Pretty much Head Coach 09. If not then some semblance of. We are looking for depth, of Franchise, not just play, free agency, draft. Looking for daily, or at least weekly tasks, team prep, scouting, a real front office/coach/player experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadedDog
I think presentation is king this year. I just hope that two months into this game all the people who begged for presentation aren't bypassing all the cut scenes

They probably will start bypassing them eventually. I think I remember before Madden 09 came out they said they wanted to cut down on the cut scenes as much as possible because people just skip through them anyhow.

I am all for presentation but if the stuff that goes on the field is not right then all the pretty lil details and cut scenes will not matter.

I think the offline franchise will be very enjoyable in Madden 10. I really do not think it could get much worst than in 09 so I am positive about it.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

I think that it could be a good year with the little things tuned and the better presentation/gameplay.

BUT

I was REALLY hoping for a merge between Head Coach and Madden.

I think THAT is what people were really looking for.

That said.

I think what the EA staff did was improve presentation and gameplay because it they needed to do it for ONLINE Franchise to work well.

I think ONLINE franchise and everything they needed to make it good is what they focused on this year.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Depends on what part of the presentation I am currently at. I still watch a ton of the presentation on The Show and it seems like I always see and hear something new and I have played close to if not more then 150 games.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 19

Are you serious with this thread? I'm all about Franchise mode, and I want a post-E3 blog just as much as the next guy. But no way in hell I'm assuming that Franchise hasn't been greatly improved.

I guess most of you guys don't realize that most of the stuff being changed in Franchise, is stuff that isn't stuff you see on the outer layer. And that the person in charge of Franchise is a guy that was in charge of a Head Coaching game.

Don't you remember that old blog we got a couple months back? You know... This one: http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...rovements.aspx - They've tuned and fixed a lot of stuff, and the stuff they've fixed were some of the things that made Franchise suck the past few years. Keep in mind how long ago that blog was, and how much time they've had to continue tuning/fixing franchise.

To go with the tuning/fixing they've done... They have given us a nice new interface to go along with it. And a great looking weekly recap show, which will be improved upon in the future. Also, in case you guys forgot... They've improved the general gameplay and presentation of the game - which I believe plays a rather large part in Franchise mode.

Keep things in perspective every once in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

OH my god. You people are just never ever going to be happy what so ever. Josh to us that there would more blogs to come on the franchise mode offline. Ya'll just need to give Ian and his crew sometime. They are busy dealing with E3 right now. But some of doesn't seem to even care. All ya'll care bout is complaining. Just aalow them time to get through this week wrap everything up and go home and allow them to get back to business as usual. Then the final 2 months. They will do more blogs on what franchise changes they have done. Ya'll are some pushy people. It takes time. But no ya'll don't want to relize that. I give up. Ian ya'll take your time. You are doing a great job. Enjoy E3 Ian.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »