Home

Us Franchise guys are restless... we need a post-E3 franchise blog

This is a discussion on Us Franchise guys are restless... we need a post-E3 franchise blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #41
T9R
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Us Franchise guys are restless... we need a post-E3 franchise blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
People complained that CD guys didn't tell you enough, and I repeated over and over what Franchise was, nobody listened.

Franchise Mode is what it has been, only fixed. There are some new bells and whistles, the interface is reorganized and prettier, but almost all of the work that went into it went into making sure what was already there was presentable and playable.
I think the skepticism comes from last year's infamous franchise blog where they showed that they fixed the all logic but there weren't really any new features.

Unless I'm mistaken we're hearing the same thing again this year. Now if they actually did it, and nailed the under the hood stuff this I'll be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #42
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
Ummmm i actually am pumped for franchise based on the first blog they gave us, i mean 09 franchise was pointless, we now have working progression-regression, potential ratings, custom draft classes (which i love in HC), tougher salary cap, sliders, and fixed AI.

This is a big improvement over 09!!! Ill be happy if franchise is as addicting as last gens franchise, and comparable to nba 2k9's.

IMO im one of the people who wants an inbetween of HC and last gen madden franchise. I like head coach, but it takes to long with all the during the season tasks (i love off season). But would have a little more depth then traditional madden.

If this made no sense, well i have been drinking at diner.
WHOA WHOA WHOA...we have customizable Draft Classes, how must customization we can do

Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
People complained that CD guys didn't tell you enough, and I repeated over and over what Franchise was, nobody listened.

Franchise Mode is what it has been, only fixed. There are some new bells and whistles, the interface is reorganized and prettier, but almost all of the work that went into it went into making sure what was already there was presentable and playable.
+1 here.

All of the EA humpers tell us that it's going to be miles better. Of course it WILL be better, because Madden 2004 had a better franchise mode than Madden 2009.

I HOPE that for Madden 2011, they really put an emphasis on offline franchise. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting gold like Head Coach from this Madden franchise.

For those that say "You guys have no idea if this franchise is going to be bad." How do you really know that this franchise is going to be good? Last year was the first year I didn't fall into the hype machine, and I'll be damned if I let myself do it again.

If the guys at OS (Us franchise guys who will have a lot to say in August) give good reviews, I'll rent and look for myself. I know most of the people here are happy with Online Franchise, (and sadly, some will buy based on new colored gloves and shoes ) but franchise is MY mode. If I can find a lot more from a different game (HC), then I'd assume save my money.

(It still amazes me with Head Coach, they basically completely scrapped the first HC, built from scratch, and made by far the most in depth franchise mode in console football, major kudos to those guys. This game will likely keep me playing through football season, along with the show, unless I really get wowed by renting Madden)
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #44
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Well I wish instead of them focus on online franchise this year. That they would of focus more on offline franchise mode. But I guess since they did fix the freezing franchise mode and did the other stuff. Ican be happy until next year. Hopefully they will focus more on offline feanchise this time. Making it more better. I guess for now I am happy.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:24 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

You'll get a new one when they post it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »