Home

"He" isn't happy with OS

This is a discussion on "He" isn't happy with OS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: "He" isn't happy with OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
I don't blame him.
same here.
too many people on here are jumping the gun
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
Can't blame Ian and his team at all. I for one am pleased with what I've seen from the team this year.
Same here. I'm very excited about Madden 10. Very good upgrade from 09 IMO.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #19

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

To be honest, it is the nature of the beast. People will complain about the smallest of things to mainly just hear themselves talk.

Don't listen to these people Ian, people will complain, its what they know to do. Just do what you do because for every 1 person that complains, there are 10 people that love the work you do.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 18

Our nature is to look at the new things and say what is good/bad about them. So obviously when we get blasted with new information we are going to disect it all at once. This obviously creates a lot of negative threads, but it is just a result of so much new information at once.

Like a previous poster said, people talk about the things that are wrong more than the things that are right.

Are people going to post threads titled "The Jerseys Look Great"? No, people are going to post a thread about the one minor detail that still isn't fixed. That is the way things work around here.

Last edited by bang911; 06-03-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

I understand where Ian is coming from; however, he must understand where we, the consumers are coming from. Madden 10 has taken a huge leap this year, but ever version of madden that has been released on to next gen consoles have been slop. We also haven't gotten that much game play footage, and most of that footage is on pro.

We need to see five or ten minutes of gameplay footage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #22
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

nothing is gonna be perfect and its impossible to please everyone! From What I've seen so far, Madden 10 has taken HUGE leaps in the right direction.....all in under a year of work. The Madden franchise is in good hands fellas!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
There's just certain aspects of the engine that are broken. Sure it looks A LOT better than recent versions.. but something is just off still.

I'll at least rent it this year.

What does it matter to him anyway? About a billion people are buying his game regardless of what they do.

Outside of the BS "OMG the helmets are wrong!" posts a lot of folks here know football. Of course it'll never be perfect but like I said before certain aspects of the engine at its core just seems off.

Animations/shifting/footplanting/DE and OL interactions sometimes look off..

I'm sure he sees the other million posts here that claim he is a God. Somewhere in between the two forces is where reason lies.
Well said, especially the last paragraph.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #24
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

As a person who works in marketing, I feel his pain. But there's an important lesson in this: If you're gonna roll out a new feature on a product, you gotta make sure it's the absolute BEST it can be. When you release a new feature that's rushed and incomplete, your customers will notice it. And you end up diminishing your brand, because every year you release bits and pieces of what eventually may end up being a good product, but by the end of the process customers will only remember that it took X number of years to get there. Very frustrating.

Case in point: postgame highlights. From what little we've seen so far, they look incomplete at best. Madden had a PERFECT template to work from: 2K5. Nearly everybody loves the highlights package in that game. If the only thing Madden did was copy EXACTLY the highlights package in 2K5, this community would be thrilled. Instead, we get....well, I'm not sure what we're getting. Something less.

And that's the problem. Something less.

That's the frustration you're hearing, Ian. We're simply getting less than what we expect from EA. Year after year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »