Home

Time to put things into perspective (long post)...

This is a discussion on Time to put things into perspective (long post)... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Time to put things into perspective (long post)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Dude Ian has showed his thickskin. But now since so many people have been complaining and bashing. They have just ripped his skin apart. He is bear boned now. He is working on getting that think skinn back now by taking a break from the forums for a little bit. He will be back. But when is unknown.
Yeah, well, being overly sensitive to a few bad apples is not showing thick skin. The mods do a great job, even helping Ian with whatever he needs. After everything that's happened this year, I think his post was a bit off-base. Sure, some things are trivial to cry about, considering everything else. And some things should've made it in this year, period. But, to up and leave, and not address them is kinda wack. Did he really think it was that easy? Clearly he understands the more reasonable concerns, so why leave? Furthermore, why bash OS? Just a bad judgement call on his end. Some of the footage in the vids look amazing, other footage-not so much. So, we'll just have to wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
in perfect perspective , give the guy some respect..............at least he has earned it.
Exactly. Check the sig.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Yeah, well, being overly sensitive to a few bad apples is not showing thick skin. The mods do a great job, even helping Ian with whatever he needs. After everything that's happened this year, I think his post was a bit off-base. Sure, some things are trivial to cry about, considering everything else. And some things should've made it in this year, period. But, to up and leave, and not address them is kinda wack. Did he really think it was that easy? Clearly he understands the more reasonable concerns, so why leave? Furthermore, why bash OS? Just a bad judgement call on his end. Some of the footage in the vids look amazing, other footage-not so much. So, we'll just have to wait and see.
A very well thought out post. I wish I could contain my thoughts in a similar fashion when discussing this game and the recent developments. But I get so irritated when the dev complains about the fans who want the same thing he does. It just seems silly.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 55

I know what you mean. I think people miss the big picture. You get guys nitpicking plays that they'd never care about if they were playing the game. I see a lot of people criticizing things they have no idea about and don't even form an argument, just random complaints.

Being a giant 2k fan, this still annoys me. I think a forum like this is just like any other human interaction, you'll get all types of people. Positive people, negative people, well thought out people, fly by the seat of their pants people... all kinds. Instead of hemming and hawing over it I just take it at face value and try to read something I'm interested in

Not sure why developers would get all flustered. What do they care that some kid found something to whine about? It's inevitable. I personally think M10 looks fun as heck and will pick it up first day no question. APF is my favorite game. They got me
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #45
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Just wanted to ask how old you Dad was, Bgamer? I played every single one of those games,as well as Intellivision football and the rest onward. Being 42 and having seen all of this really puts it in perspective, for me. If 2k5 hadn't been there, this would all be a moot point and we'd be happy. Well, that's not entirely true, there are sports games that have really set the bar for 2009-2010 that do make Madden seem a little behind. Truth is, they were 4 years behind and made up about 2 in 11 months. That's enough to sell me......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #46
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Just wanted to ask how old you Dad was, Bgamer? I played every single one of those games,as well as Intellivision football and the rest onward. Being 42 and having seen all of this really puts it in perspective, for me. If 2k5 hadn't been there, this would all be a moot point and we'd be happy. Well, that's not entirely true, there are sports games that have really set the bar for 2009-2010 that do make Madden seem a little behind. Truth is, they were 4 years behind and made up about 2 in 11 months. That's enough to sell me......
The useless bashing and basically that, is what I was trying to bring up in my post.

And he's 49
Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #47
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
The useless bashing and basically that, is what I was trying to bring up in my post.

And he's 49
I did my little positive tweet. Ian will never see probably, but I felt I had to do some"butt kissin'" myself. That man has done one hell of a job! Man, you're Dad makes me feel semi-young! LOL!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
About a month ago I showed my father a vid of Madden 10 in which Ian said "If we don't get a small detail right on a player, people will get mad." My dad asked "Who?" and then I showed him this forum. After reading some things, my dad said, "Man... these people are crazy."

My dad's first football game was this...

And after that he has seen football games progress. Even though there were many things that weren't included in these games that were in the actual game of football, he still enjoyed them because they were fun and he wasn't expecting everything to be 100% right due to it being a man made video game.

My dad had intellivision football...

And during the time, that was amazing since the players actually looked like figures and not dots and/or lines (lol).

Anyways here we are now in 2009. This gen of madden games so far have been pretty underwhelming in terms of actual "overall package" progress. Phil, Ian, and the rest of the new lead team has heard many concerns and they have addressed A LOT of them with Madden 10. The # of improvements are close to or are more than the # from madden 06-09 and people are still saying that "EA doesn't care", just because something might not be as good as the community here at OS was making it out to be. I mean the effort of the team is BLATANTLY obvious, and yet people still say that they are lazy.

I feel that this has a lot to do with the bashing nature of the internet. Since a person can not be seen, they are able to say anything they want without facing true repercussions (though things are being done on some sites to try and stop this). This can be seen just about anywhere on the internet (social networks, youtube, forums, etc.) That fact though is being branded into the minds of not just people when they are online, but just people's minds in everyday life. But I don't want get into that since this is an internet forum...

What I'm trying to say here is that a lot of you guys are ridiculous in terms of bashing. The new lead team has tried to address all the main issues that people have had with madden (including me) for years AND more with madden 10, and yet people totally ignore that just because something they wanted isn't 100% perfect.

I mean, I guess I'm just a nice guy. I'm able to see effort in people and I don't bash them when they fall short on something that can still be fixed or addressed. It has nothing to do with "butt kissing", something that a lot of guys are quick to say (which shows the immaturity of some of you guys). It's just about acting in a respectable manner. You guys are making a game that has had TONS of effort put into it seem bad since you guys like to over exaggerate an issue to make it sound like a game breaker. I mean really, for some of you guys they might as well bring back David Ortiz since you guys will obviously never be happy.

People back in the 70's, 80's and 90's and the early part of this decade would KILL to have a football video game like Madden 10 and what I'm basically trying to say is that a lot of you guys are ignoring the effort, and are not considering the fact that this is a man made video game and everything can't be 100% perfect.

So yeah, call me a butt kisser or whatever you guys like to say but these forums can truly be ridiculous.

***NOTE: This is about the bashing. It's not about the critical feedback since that's what this forum is for.
Well we can't say that until we've played the game now can we?
Ok first off, being a person who gamed back in the 70's 80's 90's and this decade, back then you used your imagination in co-op with playing the game. So even though you had red leds moving across the screen your imagination helped hyped the pleasure of the game.

Games nowadays have completely removed that effect with the graphics and game play that we have now so they now have put themselves in a position where they NEED to get it all right. Although these are the games we imagined back then we also imagined playing EXACTLY like a real life game would play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »