Home

Shotgun Formation in Madden 10.

This is a discussion on Shotgun Formation in Madden 10. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #65
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Shotgun Formation in Madden 10.

The O-line being lined up almost straight across does need to be fixed. That would probably fix the D-Rush problem just enough.

As for the the QB being too far back, yes it looks odd, by the 5 yards is not a "fixed" distance. They can stand farther back if they choose, but since they don't in rea llife it does give an odd appearance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

I find the Rb being so far scarier than how back the qb is, shoulnt he be at arms reach for the draw?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Just look at the pictures in the OP. Look where the HB is positioned in the REAL pictures. Then look at the Madden screens. That should give you somewhat of an idea in regards to the playbooks.
So, the RB aligning 1/2 a yard too wide and that makes the playbooks horrendous.

Alignment is usually dictated by the play as well as the formation (this goes for all positions). Even more, this is highly volitaile game to game and within games. It would be literally impossible for a video game to simulate why alignments are the way they are.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
The O-line being lined up almost straight across does need to be fixed. That would probably fix the D-Rush problem just enough.

As for the the QB being too far back, yes it looks odd, by the 5 yards is not a "fixed" distance. They can stand farther back if they choose, but since they don't in rea llife it does give an odd appearance.
Yea, Idk how much it would solve to fix the OL issue. But they definitely look almost straight across, IMO. Not a big deal, as long as the pocket forms correctly.

And even 1 yard closer to the center would make the formation look a bit better. It's really weird looking right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
I find the Rb being so far scarier than how back the qb is, shoulnt he be at arms reach for the draw?
Maybe not quite at arms reach, but he should be about 1 step more inside, if this is the general set up for the Shotgun formations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
So, the RB aligning 1/2 a yard too wide and that makes the playbooks horrendous.

Alignment is usually dictated by the play as well as the formation (this goes for all positions). Even more, this is highly volitaile game to game and within games. It would be literally impossible for a video game to simulate why alignments are the way they are.
I understand that, but they way they've tweaked the formation just doesn't look right in general. Like I said several times, if that is how EVERY team is gonna set up in Shotgun, it needs to be fixed just a little.

Last edited by MRxAmazing; 06-09-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 8

I hope that they can move the QB up to where he should be. However, I'm afraid that it might cause unforeseen problems somehow like new additions tend to do. We will have to keep our fingers crosses
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #70
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

so are they gonna move the HB closer to the QB cos it looks really odd n the HB is usually a half yard or so closer to the Oline then the QB

i would also love to see a run play out of the current shotgun formation....
Old 06-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyy201
so are they gonna move the HB closer to the QB cos it looks really odd n the HB is usually a half yard or so closer to the Oline then the QB

i would also love to see a run play out of the current shotgun formation....
If you look at the Madden screens I have in the OP, the Seahawks one I capped is actual prior to a draw play. It looked kinda weird to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 24

While playing the game, I'll probably never notice something like this.

However, if you stare at a still frame long enough, you can probably find 30+errors.

My point is, and it's just my personal opinion, as long as the game plays great, and looks great, I really don't care about a running back being too far to the left, QB too far from center, wrong hands down in the three point stance for linemen, etc.

Yes, it's supposed to be a sim. No, I don't expect it to be extremely realistic. It's still a video game, afterall, and that's how I'll look at it.

Even great games like The Show have some shortcomings that take away from the realism factor. But that doesn't stop me from playing it religiously.

Final thought.(Cue Jerry Springer)

From last year till now, this game has made giant strides. Ian and co. could've simply done a roster update, but chose not to. If no colored cleats, gloves, towels,refs, etc were in this game, but the QB's shotgun stance was dead on, there'd still be complaints: "Where's the refs?? WTF???" Kind of a lose-lose for Ian and crew. Please one crowd, and another still won't be satisfied.

I'm just happy that as a base, this is a great start. You can't build a great house without a strong foundation, and Madden 10 is that foundation, in my opinion. Much like the aforementioned The Show, build a great base, then tweak it in the following releases, and it will be a great sim.

That is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »