Home

The only thing that scares me is future Madden development

This is a discussion on The only thing that scares me is future Madden development within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The only thing that scares me is future Madden development

I'd also like to add that 2k put APF2K8 in about 7-8 months. That should tell you something about just how hard EA worked on 2010.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I'll explain the best I can.

Ian/Phil/Josh/Donny and the rest of the Madden 10 Team worked extremely hard this year on putting 100 or so improvements in the game that the community asked for. Most of the community appreciates all the hard work, but they are turned off because of the halftime/postgame/EP shows where they have highlights but no narration/commentary guiding the player through the big plays/highlights.

I see both sides, and unfortunately while I very much appreciate the hard work and dedication to this year, the presentation SHOWS are one of the major things the community really wanted above alot of other things.

Here's what scares me: The OS community shot Ian and his dev team down like a bunch of rabid dogs. Ian and his team are now frustrated to point break, and what does this mean?

It could mean that after all the hard work, their philosophy now is "The community will never be happy so it doesn't matter what we do for next year or the upcoming years in the Madden franchise, so why should we bother to do any major improvements. They won't like it anyway."

I may be reaching far with this one, but after reading Ian's twitter comment and how frustrated he is, this was the first thing that came to my mind.

Thoughts? Am I just being stupid? Be honest. I can picture Ian and the guys now either out to dinner or at the hotel saying "I can't believe after all that we've accomplished in Madden 10, the OS people are still not satisfied."
You make it sound like they can just slack off when they want. They are professionals. This is their job. They don't just decide that they aren't going to try hard anymore because some people didn't approve of their work. That's the nature of the biz and it's also going to come with having the exclusive license. I think their team has done a tremendous job. Incredible actually. That being said, you have to take the good with the bad and keep at it.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Apf2k8 suck man all 2k game suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #36
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm2
Apf2k8 suck man all 2k game suck
Now your just being childish and stupid. No all 2k games don't suck. Just because this is the first Madden game in 5 years that is finally good / great again. Doesn't give you the right to try to kick 2ksports games. Because Live is just now getting to the point where they can compare to 2k basketball. Madden is just now, in stages where it can finally take the crown away from 2k5, that I might add is an Xbox 1 game.

But don't be getting your sack all swole on 1 game. It's better late than never, but don't ever disrespect 2ksports, they have done amazing things with sports gaming since the Dreamcast and honestly 2k9 series was the first year they really just did bad. But it's one year out of 9 years they didn't just kicked EA sports booty in quality products.

On that note, back on the topic, The Madden Team did a great job so far, and Madden looks to be that great football game that EA and 2k fans alike can finally share some moments playing one another, whether at home, online or at a buddies. It's a win, win for all of us, no more separation is needed in the threads or forums.

BTW your post are a waste of typing. I see you getting warned and banned before you can even reach 50 post.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 06-04-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #37
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Now your just being childish and stupid. No all 2k games don't suck. Just because this is the first Madden game in 5 years that is finally good / great again. Doesn't give you the right to try to kick 2ksports games. Because Live is just now getting to the point where they can compare to 2k basketball. Madden is just now, in stages where it can finally take the crown away from 2k5, that I might add is an Xbox 1 game.

But don't be getting your sack all swole on 1 game. It's better late than never, but don't ever disrespect 2ksports, they have done amazing things with sports gaming since the Dreamcast and honestly 2k9 series was the first year they really just did bad. But it's one year out of 9 years they didn't just kicked EA sports booty in quality products.

On that note, back on the topic, The Madden Team did a great job so far, and Madden looks to be that great football game that EA and 2k fans alike can finally share some moments playing one another, whether at home, online or at a buddies. It's a win, win for all of us, no more separation is needed in the threads or forums.

BTW your post are a waste of typing. I see you getting warned and banned before you can even reach 50 post.
Nope, not even close yet.... (just the bolded part... didn't really read the rest)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #38
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

My god you people are rediculous. Seriously now...

Ian and Co. are doing a great job, you see a few crappy things here and there and you are ready to throw the baby out with the water.

But here is what is going to happen, Madden 10 is going to recieve great reviews, More people will buy, and Madden 11 will be everything you hoped and dreamed for. I say keep up the good work and Ignore these people.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #39
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
My god you people are rediculous. Seriously now...

Ian and Co. are doing a great job, you see a few crappy things here and there and you are ready to throw the baby out with the water.

But here is what is going to happen, Madden 10 is going to recieve great reviews, More people will buy, and Madden 11 will be everything you hoped and dreamed for. I say keep up the good work and Ignore these people.
Agreed! I think Madden NFL 10 will deliver and be the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Nope, not even close yet.... (just the bolded part... didn't really read the rest)
We can debate that in the other thread this isn't the place for it.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #40
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Agreed! I think Madden NFL 10 will deliver and be the real deal.

We can debate that in the other thread this isn't the place for it.
Well it just Amazes me that people still bitch here. We are all on the road to Video game Football Perfection, who knows how far we are, we only know how far we have come so far. Ok so we pulled a Uturn in Madden 2006 and we finally started to see real Improvement in Madden 2009. So here we are Driving down the road for Madden 2010, Obviously heading in the Right Direction. Yet There are actually people who would want to pull our car over, yank the driver out and, and risk another David Ortiz.

Thanks for the Offer but I will keep my faith in the crew we have right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »