Home

The only thing that scares me is future Madden development

This is a discussion on The only thing that scares me is future Madden development within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
The only thing that scares me is future Madden development

I'll explain the best I can.

Ian/Phil/Josh/Donny and the rest of the Madden 10 Team worked extremely hard this year on putting 100 or so improvements in the game that the community asked for. Most of the community appreciates all the hard work, but they are turned off because of the halftime/postgame/EP shows where they have highlights but no narration/commentary guiding the player through the big plays/highlights.

I see both sides, and unfortunately while I very much appreciate the hard work and dedication to this year, the presentation SHOWS are one of the major things the community really wanted above alot of other things.

Here's what scares me: The OS community shot Ian and his dev team down like a bunch of rabid dogs. Ian and his team are now frustrated to point break, and what does this mean?

It could mean that after all the hard work, their philosophy now is "The community will never be happy so it doesn't matter what we do for next year or the upcoming years in the Madden franchise, so why should we bother to do any major improvements. They won't like it anyway."

I may be reaching far with this one, but after reading Ian's twitter comment and how frustrated he is, this was the first thing that came to my mind.

Thoughts? Am I just being stupid? Be honest. I can picture Ian and the guys now either out to dinner or at the hotel saying "I can't believe after all that we've accomplished in Madden 10, the OS people are still not satisfied."

Last edited by joejccva71; 06-03-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The only thing that scares me is future Madden development

Harry Truman once said "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." These people are paid good money to take the criticize and promote a good game. So far, they've done really well, and I have no reason to believe except for the prior games that they will do less than a stellar job.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Please stop with these kind of threads. Ian is coming back to the forums and TJ is handling things fine. The mods will clean things up. Ian just need to take a break right now. Ian will come back once everyone has cooled down. He has not left for good. So just chill out ok. Please stop making topics like this. It's cluttering up the forums.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Ok sorry for making the post then. Just thinking out loud is all.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 18

I don't think Ian will stay interacting with these forums like he did this year. It either needs to be some sort of middle-man relaying important information from OS to Ian, or Ian has his own forum that is more private, and not any random joe can create threads.

The fact that we could mention something on this site, and Ian would get his guys working on it the next day was impressive, but I don't see it working so conveniently next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Dude - we told them what we wanted. Pretty much the same things we wanted for the past 4 years.

They added some dramatic cut scenes, Online Franchise and Gang Tackles.

Awesome. I applaud them.

But we also wanted NFL2K5-quality Presentation, TV-Broadcast Camera Angles, Commentary in Highlight Shows.... they're not in Madden 10 as far as we can tell from E3.

So, we're not going to kiss anyones rear-end just yet.

If their feelings are hurt because we want all those things, then they should put them ALL in and we'll praise them and make them happy.

But right now, it's not enough. And to make us wait another year or two for this stuff is ridiculous.

These games are $60 a pop. That ain't chump change.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Please stop with these kind of threads. Ian is coming back to the forums and TJ is handling things fine. The mods will clean things up. Ian just need to take a break right now. Ian will come back once everyone has cooled down. He has not left for good. So just chill out ok. Please stop making topics like this. It's cluttering up the forums.
Look, guys.......it's rent-a-mod.......
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I wouldn't worry much, Ian has shown himself to be someone with integrity.

If he feels frustrated and wants to post it on his twitter then he can do that, I don't blame him for being frustrated right now, he must feel like he is being stalked by some of the people on this board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »