Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Ray Lewis Ravens Intro (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Ray Lewis Ravens Intro (Chase @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Ray Lewis Ravens Intro (Chase @ E3)

Looks Awesome.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's not exact, but I think one of the things that hides the one in Madden is the camera placement. I think there needs to be some zoom out so you can see the full player. Then the dance is probably just an animation syncing issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's the same thing I was saying. The camera placement for that scene isn't good. Definitely should be a full body shot from the front on an angle.
I've seen lots of intro's get shown at the same angle as the one in the Madden vid of Ray Lewis, so I don't think they missed here. Plus, the example vid you posted, LB, was of course a fan-made vid; a network would at least typically only show that angle for a bit before switching to something closer and more field-level, like...

Here is an example I snatched from a Ravens broadcast:

Madden 10:

I captured both at the exact point where Ray does his high knee stuff to show the similarity in the amount of body being shown. The biggest difference is that the real life one is capturing Ray from the front and the Madden one is capturing at the back. The Madden one is a little more zoomed-in and lower for the purpose of being panoramic to include more points of scene (For example, you can see effects, the field, camera men, miscellaneous characters in the background, the crowd, the stadium structure, and the sky); it's an artistic decision that networks make pretty much on a shot-to-shot basis with some being more creative than others. I'd say NBC is starting to creep up into being as creative as FOX has been, so a shot with this many points would make sense with Madden's network theme being NBC-influenced.

I'd imagine that the intro's will have different shots randomly cued--some from the front, some from the back--so at some point we're likely to see it run the full gambit.

This is a great day, gentlemen

Last edited by TheWatcher; 06-04-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
You might have a pop-up blocker in use. If you do, you'll want to allow certain things so the video shows up. The videos I have are MP4, which is different from the format of most of the videos on the site, hence why some people might be having trouble who never did before.
thanks a million buddy, it worked like a charm
Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 12

NICE! It looks like Ray Lewis is doing the "Dirty Bird" dance on that video, but they could have made that a little longer and in different angles. Over all EA is doing a killer job!

*Actual time may vary.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 7
Glad they added much more presentation, but doesn't it remind us a lot of 2k?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 10

i thought he was gonna do the ray lewis dance but its still cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »