Home

ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details

This is a discussion on ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #49
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details

Does this mean that CPU to CPU trades won't happen at all or just on online franchise?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #50
Rookie

loonsluv's Arena

OVR: 1

Haven't played this game in three years, might have to rent it this year. Sounds and looks decent.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #51
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
Hey Chase,

Thanks for the info. One question. You mentioned we're able to control up to 32 teams in the offline franchise mode. Once we choose which teams we want to control, are we able to change this at any point during the franchise? On past gen you could change user control in the offseason, just wondering if you're able to finally do this again in Madden. Thanks.
Man that's really specific. But if you can edit any players on any teams why do you need to switch teams? Can you explain further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
So we're SURE there is editing of ratings in Franchise?

Just clarifying because the menu option would always be there when editing players but when you clicked on it the meters never moved.

So just because the menu option is there, doesn't mean it works.
According to Josh Looman, there is editing of ratings in Franchise. I'd think Josh is too much of class-act baritone to lie about something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Any info on Rocket Catching Chase?
Talked to Ian about it. Basically he thinks it should be gone, but he's not going to say it's gone because you know never what ways people will come up with to abuse the system in place. I mean maybe if you come up with some crazy way like click on to a WR, run out of bounds, speed burst back in bounds, then jump while holding LT -- maybe then the rocket catch somehow will miraculously show up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Man that's really specific. But if you can edit any players on any teams why do you need to switch teams? Can you explain further?
Sure. The reason being is that I don't like to control all 32 teams, but like to switch the team I'm playing with every few seasons. In the past gen version of Madden there was an option in the offseason to change owners and you could change the user control from CPU to USER and vice versa for any team.

Now one may say even if you just like to play as 1 team, you can control all 32 and then set everything to CPU for those teams you aren't playing with. While this is true, the implementation of this as it stands in Madden 09 was that there would be some instances where even though something was set to CPU, I would still have to intervene as the USER.

Free Agency comes to mind where a message would pop up saying "so and so has accepted the offer for so and so team" and then I would have to choose Accept or Decline even though I had everything for that team set to CPU. It can get rather annoying and time consuming having to do this for every single player signed to every single team in Free Agency.

I believe the same went for hiring coaches. If a coach's contract expired, even though everything for that team was set to CPU, I would have to go in and make the hire(s) myself.

Lastly, I found the AI logic for draft/fa/etc. even worse for the user controlled teams set to CPU then those that were totally under CPU control. I know the AI logic for draft/fa/etc. was pretty bad in Madden 09 regardless, but it always seemed that the teams I had under USER control with everything set to CPU made even dumber decisions. This could just be a coincidence, but it's just another thing I noticed.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #53
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

OK, fair enough. I left E3 just a bit ago so unfortunately I can't ask the developers first-hand. But I'm curious, could you do what you're describing in Head Coach?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
OK, fair enough. I left E3 just a bit ago so unfortunately I can't ask the developers first-hand. But I'm curious, could you do what you're describing in Head Coach?
I'm not sure as I never really played head coach. My only reference is what could be done in Madden for the past-gen systems. There have been a few threads over the past month or two about this same subject with several other people wanting this feature put into the current-gen versions of Madden, but nobody has been able to find out one way or another if it's in Madden 10. I've sent PMs to some of the devs too, but never got a reply on the matter.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #55
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

According to Josh Looman, there is editing of ratings in Franchise.

Best news I've heard all day.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »