Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Dolphins @ Raiders (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Dolphins @ Raiders (Chase @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #57
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Dolphins @ Raiders (Chase @ E3)

I really like the videos, but seriously tell Chase to let the cutscenes roll and get the videos longer.

We want to see some presentation, not just him choosing the same play over and over and trying to cheese. Really play the game!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #58
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I love the way Pennington dropped the ball in to Ginn between the 2 defenders,that was some sweet passing. I also like seeing JaMarcus on the sideline with the towel and a cup of G! That was nice....

but I dont like the way Williams spun back and ran the other way without having to stop or cut.....BOOOOOO! lol
Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 24

Okay, so......

Good vid? I don't think so.

First, a small good thing is the footspeed definitely seems to differentiate between players, and be heavily ratings based. And the new speed sliders could possibly even make the overall footspeed more realistic.

But, I didn't see not one 3-man gangtackle. I wasn't aware PRO-TAK is suppose to turn guys into Superman. They do a great imitation of him. Too bad they don't keep their feet on the ground, and pursue the tackle better.

Not one 3-man gangtackle, even! Forget 9-man tackles. Where was a/any 3-man tackle?! That vid looked straight like 09. That's a tough vid to watch.

WTF happened to PRO-TAK???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
There was Dline pressure because it was human vs. human I believe.
Yeah but not what we want. This is not simply Dline pressure. The dude using the Colts is running Engage Eight almost every play except one. Leaving the middle of the field wide open and as you can see getting in the gun nullified that ish quickly. But then when the guy using the Texans got in the gun and the guy using the Colts went to Cover 3, look how long he has to throw

Now as for the Dolphins vs Raiders video. I'm not liking one thing in this video. I left CD pretty damn confident that Asamougah would be a beast CB in this game. Look at how he is getting owned by Ted Ginn. Mehhh, I'm not going to have harsh words, but we know what shouldn't happen in that match up. Much less Ginn rapes him two plays in a row And both plays are man coverage. I don't like that.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #61
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yeah but not what we want. This is not simply Dline pressure. The dude using the Colts is running Engage Eight almost every play except one. Leaving the middle of the field wide open and as you can see getting in the gun nullified that ish quickly. But then when the guy using the Texans got in the gun and the guy using the Colts went to Cover 3, look how long he has to throw

Now as for the Dolphins vs Raiders video. I'm not liking one thing in this video. I left CD pretty damn confident that Asamougah would be a beast CB in this game. Look at how he is getting owned by Ted Ginn. Mehhh, I'm not going to have harsh words, but we know what shouldn't happen in that match up. Much less Ginn rapes him two plays in a row And both plays are man coverage. I don't like that.
Good points as usual.

We need to see two humans who know what the hell they're doing.

Last edited by ex carrabba fan; 06-04-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #62
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Regarding the defensive line pressure in the video. (maybe this has been pointed out already. If so, sorry)

1. The defense used "engage 8" call with only 3 men playing coverage. That means 8 men are rushing the QB.

2. The offense sends 5 receivers into their pass patterns.

3. The offense keeps 5 guys into block. (11th man is QB)

5. By simple math (hope you get the joke), 8 men rushing vs 5 men pass protecting, leaves 3 UNBLOCKED GUYS FREE TO THE QB!!!!!

This is another example of people blaming the game's AI when in reality it's user error that is at fault.

The game allows you to audible. The game allows you to change pass protection. The game allows you to see what the defense is possibly/probably calling. (you see the safety creep up in the box, hint, hint. The SS is the one who made the sack.

Now on the flip side. If the offense recognizes the 8 man blitz they automatically know they will have a 2 wide open receivers, again, using simple math. 3 defensive players (covering) vs 5 offensive receivers = +2 in favor of the offense.

Football is a chess game. You guess right, bonus. You guess wrong, QB is on IR for the season.

Sometime it's not the AI (artificial intelligence), it the SHI (stupid human intelligence)
Old 06-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 9

Whoever had the controls was playing like a true Madden gamer, for sure. 3 WR End Arounds in a row, deep pass on 4th down for the conversion, ultimately scoring the TD. What a load of crap...
Old 06-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #64
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Whoever had the controls was playing like a true Madden gamer, for sure. 3 WR End Arounds in a row, deep pass on 4th down for the conversion, ultimately scoring the TD. What a load of crap...
LOL, I made a comment to myself about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »