Home

Progessive Lighting

This is a discussion on Progessive Lighting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: Progessive Lighting

I personally think that should be part of the game if they are focusing more on reality this year.

GO FALCONS!

NBA:Lakers

NFL: Falcons

NCAA: Ohio State
Old 06-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I'll just say this...

Why would they take the time to implement sunsets if progressive lighting wont be in the game???
Why would they implement Online Franchise without salary cap, trade logic, and player contracts?

Zing.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

If it was in the game why wouldn't they have put it out there as an amazing addition to presentation???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #36
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc
If it was in the game why wouldn't they have put it out there as an amazing addition to presentation???
That's probably the biggest indication that it's not in this year. The developers are not saying a thing about it. The Show hyped theirs when they did it for '09 (half-baked, but they at least they did something).

I'm just hoping that they at least faked it by having it change per quarter. This seems like it would be very easy to do, as they already have different lighting conditions for each stadium....just use a different one each quarter...in proper order!
Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #37
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I'll just say this...

Why would they take the time to implement sunsets if progressive lighting wont be in the game???
Because they've done this in the past. The game will be a Sunday night game (possibly Monday night), and the lighting condition that you start with (i.e. what you see with Heinz Field) will be the same one you finish with in the fourth quarter.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

if you look at the cowboy/philly vids, you'll see as of now its not in. the shadows never move........................DAMN!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
I'm just hoping that they at least faked it by having it change per quarter. This seems like it would be very easy to do, as they already have different lighting conditions for each stadium....just use a different one each quarter...in proper order!
Personally, I would be all for this, because this is all we've known as Madden fans. Last gen had the changes by quarter and I think at this point, that is really all we need.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #40
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
Because they've done this in the past. The game will be a Sunday night game (possibly Monday night), and the lighting condition that you start with (i.e. what you see with Heinz Field) will be the same one you finish with in the fourth quarter.
Yeah but during this gen they never had sunset games.

They had it for the last gen maddens and the last gen maddens changed lighting (after quarters).

I think that they at least have the lighting change after each quarter.... if it isn't it would be really stupid during the sunset games. If they have realistic depth of field and other small details, I don't think that they would mess this up. Doesn't really seem that hard to do either. Just make the first and/or second quarters have the daytime setting, the third have a sunset setting, and the forth have a nighttime setting.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 06-06-2009 at 01:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »