Home

Where is PROCEDURAL AWARENESS??????

This is a discussion on Where is PROCEDURAL AWARENESS?????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 24
Where is PROCEDURAL AWARENESS??????

In all of the vids posted, I don't see players with A.I. that makes them more aware of where the ball is.

I thought players would pursue the ball, and the blockers would then do their job.....and block. I see players running past the balls location and right into a bearhug with the blocker. Isn't PA suppose to be the new A.I. tech? Am I wrong?

More and more of these vids are looking like 09. Except for now seeing refs on the field. Could Pro-Tak and PA not be finished, and unable to make it in this years game? Because I'm not seeing them. Everything else looks great! Now the 2 most important innovations in Madden are missing in action? Sup????????

Where is PROCEDURAL AWARENESS???????

Last edited by LAKE4742; 06-04-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Where is PROCEDURAL AWARENESS??????

Where is MY CAPS LOCK KEY????????
Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Where is MY CAPS LOCK KEY????????
Very insightful.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I agree, I haven't seen much of either one. I also don't like what I see out of the oline. I looks better, but when I see a sack a a blown up play, one of the guards or the center was spinning in a circle or blocking empty space. I'm starting to get the impression that major gameplay areas weren't addressed as much as we thought they would be.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

I have a feeling the videos are played at PRO (thats why players are wide open and the QB has like 6 seconds to pass), and all of the procedural stuff kicks in better at All-Pro and All-Madden. At least I hope.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I also don't like what I see out of the oline. I looks better, but when I see a sack a a blown up play, one of the guards or the center was spinning in a circle or blocking empty space. I'm starting to get the impression that major gameplay areas weren't addressed as much as we thought they would be.
Agreed. I'm seeing way too many offensive linemen standing around and blocking empty space. Really disappointing, considering the amount of attention that the OL/DL interaction was supposed to be receiving this year.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
I have a feeling the videos are played at PRO (thats why players are wide open and the QB has like 6 seconds to pass), and all of the procedural stuff kicks in better at All-Pro and All-Madden. At least I hope.
That's what I'm hoping as well. One thing that does concern me though is that I thought the "head tracking" core of the procedural awareness would be more noticeable, regardless of level. I've seen plenty of the same no-look DB swats as ever before.

Still, it's not a final build so hopefully it's handled better upon release.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Right Here- LINK

can't be any more clear than this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »