Home

Madden '10 Running Score

This is a discussion on Madden '10 Running Score within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Madden '10 Running Score

Let's see, I give the Madden '10 as seen so far

+1 Online Franchise
+1 Improved Graphics
+1 Improved Gameplay

-1 Bogus 10 year limit on online franchise, no salary cap, and no trade logic
-.5 Wack *** Half-Time Show

So all in all that's a +1.5. If I gave last year's game a 7 then this game is starting to look like a 8.5 ,What say you OS Sports?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden '10 Running Score

My personal take on the score is a lot different than others, because features like Online Franchise will not get my attention. I would want to hear a lot more on OFFline franchise before I could make a score. Not optimistic about it, although the on the field play seems improved.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I say your -1 is more like a 0.

Its not that big of a deal that its only 10 years. 10 years=160+ games.

Salary cap does kinda suck but it can be managed.

The half time show isn't that bad. Its pretty much up to par with ESPN minus Chris Berman.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 06-04-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Minus Half for improvements!?

Seriously now. I'd give it a Full 1 for online franchise and offline franchise improvements, then another point for gameplay, graphics, and presentation all together. I don't think it's fair to deduct points from an addition that doesn't ruin the game. That's basically saying that Madden 10 would be a 9/10 if it DIDN'T have the extra point, when everybody has been begging for presentation.

But I'm not here to bash. I'd give it a 9, personally, since it's a lot better than 09 and I agree with 09's gamespot rating of an 8.[something].

Can't wait to play this sucka.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah it doesn't make sense to take away points from Improvements that the people asked for. *shrugs*

I think i'll wait until I actually PLAY the game to make this type of thread.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
Banned

LOL, I don't reward points for failure. A horrible half time show gets no bonuses for me, ain't no A for efforts around here. As far as offline franchise improvements I haven't seen any of those verified yet, so I'm not going to reward them anything for that yet either bro. Giving this game a 9 would be putting it equal to the MLB The Show and I guarantee that ain't the truth.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
LOL, I don't reward points for failure. A horrible half time show gets no bonuses for me, ain't no A for efforts around here. As far as offline franchise improvements I haven't seen any of those verified yet, so I'm not going to reward them anything for that yet either bro. Giving this game a 9 would be putting it equal to the MLB The Show and I guarantee that ain't the truth.
And I definitely respect that man. I just dont see how, NOT having something recieves a 0 while an ATTEMPT at something get's negative points lol... I'm all about progression. Would you rather have last year's 'HALF TIME' or SOME type of attempt to make games more authentic?... you don't watch a football game, see the stats of your team and opponent and off to the 2nd half. You usually get some type of visual of the half and other games [franchise]. You know?

I respect your opinions just trying to understand them.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
And I definitely respect that man. I just dont see how, NOT having something recieves a 0 while an ATTEMPT at something get's negative points lol... I'm all about progression. Would you rather have last year's 'HALF TIME' or SOME type of attempt to make games more authentic?... you don't watch a football game, see the stats of your team and opponent and off to the 2nd half. You usually get some type of visual of the half and other games [franchise]. You know?

I respect your opinions just trying to understand them.
I totally understand what you are saying but I gave the -.05 for the wack show, because the attempt was so weak, I would have rather had a simple stat overlay and then moved on. Sometimes it's better to do nothing than to try and fail, this was one of those instances. If you had a minor ailment that could be improved with surgery, would you rather the Dr. wait until he knew he could get it right or would you accept him throwing you on the table knowing full well he was ill prepared for the task at hand. LOL, I would rather suffer the minor pains until he could be assured of his success than risk him cutting me open for nothing...think about it....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »