Home

Offline Franchise Information - This is What We Know

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Information - This is What We Know within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Offline Franchise Information - This is What We Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
They added faces to the rookie photos, so we don't get those silhouettes anymore.
This was confirmed? If so, awesome...
Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
This was confirmed? If so, awesome...
Yep, only for the computer generated rookies tho, not imported ones.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

i would love practice squads.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That is wrong.

Player salaries should not be removed when put on the IR.
Putting a player on IR should open up a space on the roster, so you could have 55 healthy, 1 on IR and be just fine.

If this doesn't work, this is a deal breaker.

I like to crank up the injuries and make depth more important. If IR doesn't work, then I'm out.

I hope someone has different information.

Yeah, Madden has always had it wrong and from what people have said it will continue this year. You save money but don't get the roster spot.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 13

I understand that they were just mainly laying the foundation, but I have no idea why they would focus on ONLINE franchise when OFFLINE franchise still wasnt that great.

I am happy they fixed the logic and everything, but if there isnt much else to it, it still wont be that in depth.

If we cant have practice squads or more than 53 players prior to the season, then why bother even putting preseason in? preseason is a way to seperate the men from the boys and see who can cut it and who has potential. If the 53 players from your team are already set, why even bother with preseason? No point whatsoever.

What about player retirements? Do they still work the same?

No trading future draft picks? If EA doesnt want compared to NFL 2k5, this has to be addressed. What is so hard about this? A 5 year old game from an inferior console was able to do it, why cant Madden 2010?

Dont get me wrong, I will give Madden and EA credit if franchise mode is better, but there are a few things, like the ones mentioned above, that I said needed to be added to the game to make franchise seem real. If there isnt another franchise blog with some more improvements, Im afraid Madden will just be a rental this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #22
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I understand that they were just mainly laying the foundation, but I have no idea why they would focus on ONLINE franchise when OFFLINE franchise still wasnt that great.

I am happy they fixed the logic and everything, but if there isnt much else to it, it still wont be that in depth.

If we cant have practice squads or more than 53 players prior to the season, then why bother even putting preseason in? preseason is a way to seperate the men from the boys and see who can cut it and who has potential. If the 53 players from your team are already set, why even bother with preseason? No point whatsoever.

What about player retirements? Do they still work the same?

No trading future draft picks? If EA doesnt want compared to NFL 2k5, this has to be addressed. What is so hard about this? A 5 year old game from an inferior console was able to do it, why cant Madden 2010?

Dont get me wrong, I will give Madden and EA credit if franchise mode is better, but there are a few things, like the ones mentioned above, that I said needed to be added to the game to make franchise seem real. If there isnt another franchise blog with some more improvements, Im afraid Madden will just be a rental this year.
I completely agree with you on the whole preseason thing, if its only set to the 53 players then theres no real reason to go thru the preseason, but with the improvements to the draft & FA logic, that gives this years madden alot more replay value. CPU teams making dumb decisions in free agency & in the draft really ruined the game for me last year. Sure it could use some more depth but the improvements will make a HUGE difference for me this year.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't understand why people won't just do an online franchise as a single player if they feel online franchise got the goods over offline so to speak.

Seems to me the concept of offline franchise should be something that goes away next year because if you can play an "online" franchise as a single player why would a dev team want to incorporate to models to have to improve?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
I don't understand why people won't just do an online franchise as a single player if they feel online franchise got the goods over offline so to speak.

Seems to me the concept of offline franchise should be something that goes away next year because if you can play an "online" franchise as a single player why would a dev team want to incorporate to models to have to improve?

??? what if you don't have internet capabilities at home?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »