Home

Man Coverage In '10

This is a discussion on Man Coverage In '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Man Coverage In '10

Pro is a joke, that's all I can say. Pro is tuned to feel like '09 and before it, and it's actually more arcady than that. All-Pro is where the game starts getting interesting.

Hopefully it didn't take a step back, but let me break it down real simply for you; I attacked Asomugha in practice mode at CD, and could not beat the guy. Period. In probably an hour and a half of throwing on Asomugha, I completed 2 passes against man coverage (both with Fitzgerald). I am not exaggerating.

Now, this is leaving out the glitch LBzrule and I documented... but that only emphasized how good he was (and LBz can back me up on this). There was a glitch in the game where in you could line up in Ace, and flip the play and the cornerbacks would for some reason break 3 steps to their right after a short back peddle. This left them WAAAAAY out of position. You had a wide open streak all day long... unless you were covered by Asomugha. That bastard got there 90% of the time anyways.

It does look like this aspect of the game may have taken some steps back, hopefully they'll get it back in working order in the next two weeks. Damn E3.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Pro is a joke, that's all I can say. Pro is tuned to feel like '09 and before it, and it's actually more arcady than that. All-Pro is where the game starts getting interesting.

Hopefully it didn't take a step back, but let me break it down real simply for you; I attacked Asomugha in practice mode at CD, and could not beat the guy. Period. In probably an hour and a half of throwing on Asomugha, I completed 2 passes against man coverage (both with Fitzgerald). I am not exaggerating.

Now, this is leaving out the glitch LBzrule and I documented... but that only emphasized how good he was (and LBz can back me up on this). There was a glitch in the game where in you could line up in Ace, and flip the play and the cornerbacks would for some reason break 3 steps to their right after a short back peddle. This left them WAAAAAY out of position. You had a wide open streak all day long... unless you were covered by Asomugha. That bastard got there 90% of the time anyways.
I'll back ya, but it looks like things have been scaled back man. I see no jostling at all. NONE in any of these vids. I see A.I controlled teams playing pretty well, but the players for the user are just out there. I'm not sure what has happened. All I know is if a couple of things are not addressed in a few weeks I might have to rescind. I'm not going to play a 1 sided game. That might sound harsh, but I'm not being harsh, I am just not going to play a 1 sided game.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

It does look like this aspect of the game may have taken some steps back, hopefully they'll get it back in working order in the next two weeks. Damn E3.
Well this is reassuring!
Let's hope they address it before the game ships and if not then, we'll have to push for it to be fixed through a patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I haven't heard anything yet so I'm not very optimistic, but has any one heard if shading wrs, bumping individual players or man lock made it back into the game to help the coverage out at all?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'll back ya, but it looks like things have been scaled back man. I see no jostling at all. NONE in any of these vids. I see A.I controlled teams playing pretty well, but the players for the user are just out there. I'm not sure what has happened. All I know is if a couple of things are not addressed in a few weeks I might have to rescind. I'm not going to play a 1 sided game. That might sound harsh, but I'm not being harsh, I am just not going to play a 1 sided game.
I agree, for the most part, it does look like some things aren't where they were back then. One of my biggest regrets about CD was not simply putting things in the simplest terms possible, "The game is WAY too offensive right now"... maybe put their mind at ease about making changes in favor of the defense. I know I pointed it out in much of my feedback, but I don't think I ever gave them just an 'overall' impression, and that would have been the biggest thing.

They tried to make jostling sort of rare and not real obvious... I wish I could have shown them this on CD. Watch the replay at 2:35. That is NFL coverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snLSEy3g0Hc

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-05-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Damn LBzrule, now yall got me all worried and stuff man and I hope its just the build EA brought out thats not fully representive of the final code but damn. We have 2 months left til this drops and this is not looking good.

I am expecting another patch day 1 like last year with this one here. I am really hoping its just a bad build and we get what we been hearing (the positive side) for release
Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #15
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

A bad build for the E3 presentation for the public? Hmm... i'd more likely say "it is what it is" at this point. Remember, only a few weeks to final....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

wow!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »