Home

Man Coverage In '10

This is a discussion on Man Coverage In '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Man Coverage In '10

We are not going to find out for sure until we get the game. I know one thing when I play man cover 2 the receivers better not be getting inside releases without a fight. The whole point of that defense is to take away the inside and make it a long throw to the outside. In 09 any drag slant etc. get inside position and then it's game over from there.

On Last Gen man coverage was really good, guys with good speed and awareness were hard to beat. Yes you could still complete slant routes but a good CB would usually take it away.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu

Last edited by cowboyscowboys; 06-05-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #34
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
In response to what I highlighted here: If the pass rush stays the way it is, with the slower game speed, guys will not even need to run around to get people open. Picking a part zones are gonna be cake.
You mean like at community day?

Im honestly pretty pissed about this as well.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #35
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
You mean like at community day?

Im honestly pretty pissed about this as well.
Wow! Are you genuinely pissed or was that just an exaggeration? Where you guys shown something different at CD?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man coverage will be better in Madden '11.

Isn't that sad? lol.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

Can they still tweak it?

I mean, I expect an elite DE to torment an AVG LT for example... I expect an elite LT to handle an avg DE without much trouble... I expect elite DEs to require double teams.. things liek that, but there should be a pass rush if you have mismstached.

This is a game of mismatches and M10 needs to represent that in every way possible.

Same for man coverage. If I'm bumping a weak WR with Al Harris I expect that WR to have a lot of difficulty getting off the line in a timely manner... if I'm covering an avg WR with Assaghoa I expect him to be blanketed most of the time... Once again, its all about mismatches.

For the people that played the build at the community event, can you tell us if you were able to individually bump WRs at that time?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Can they still tweak it?

I mean, I expect an elite DE to torment an AVG LT for example... I expect an elite LT to handle an avg DE without much trouble... I expect elite DEs to require double teams.. things liek that, but there should be a pass rush if you have mismstached.

This is a game of mismatches and M10 needs to represent that in every way possible.

Same for man coverage. If I'm bumping a weak WR with Al Harris I expect that WR to have a lot of difficulty getting off the line in a timely manner... if I'm covering an avg WR with Assaghoa I expect him to be blanketed most of the time... Once again, its all about mismatches.

For the people that played the build at the community event, can you tell us if you were able to individually bump WRs at that time?
Nope, no individual bumping.

There is still time to tune this stuff. I think they should also tune the animations for certain defensive plays where defensive linemen are running stunts. I saw one decent one, but the rest have the DE's going too far and turning way too late. Right now it's all about how they tune the game. I just hope defense doesn't end up WEAK
Old 06-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 9

The good thing as LB has said this is something that is EASILY tweakable. The question is whether Ian will do it. Without being negative or pushy I think this is something we need to respectfully bring to Ian's attention within the next few days, and highlight the importance of a realistic pocket to reach his vision of sim gameplay.

If I was him and the lack a few minor tweaks prevented my game from being a true representation of the sport I'd be pretty upset. I think he'll recognize the importance of this if people stay respectful and stress it to him.

Last edited by NYyankz225; 06-05-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Nope, no individual bumping.
Wow, I really hope that it has changed since then, I can't imagine them talking up a game that is supposed to make the superstars stand out yet you don't have the ability to bump just one WR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »