Home

Man Coverage In '10

This is a discussion on Man Coverage In '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Man Coverage In '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
hold up. first off he does give up touchdowns, just ask Eddie royal when he had 3 on Nsagnuma last yr.

Second he didnt have 3 on Nsagnuma. what am i thinking your right. this needs to be fixed. lol
Nah man that was DeAngelo Hall covering Royal that whole game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 5

DIdi anyone notice in the Eagles v Cowgirls 6 video that i think it was philly that ran a dime corner blitz and it was picked up by the guards and tackle. 1 on each side at that it was almost instantaneous how they picked up that blitz coming in.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

from some of the vids i've seen, whenever you blitz and there arent enough blockers, they're coming through, maybe this is to balance it for the casual player.

hopefully, in '11 there'll be a mode akin to the "Hardcore" mode in Call of Duty 4. Meaning its more true to life with: smaller pocket, 4-5 sec maximum pocket time, more realistic coverage, and momentum being an important part of the game.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #68
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
They have. Unfortunately, last gen. We've gotta acknowledge, at some point, the amount of ground this team has to make up after the miscues of the last. We know it's going in the right direction, but it can't all get done at once.

This is always the answer. In 07 and 08 it was because they had to start over. Now it's still not in and everyone says can't get it done all at once. They've had 08,09 and now 10 to get this in but it is continually ignored.

Why is that? Because you can't sell games by saying "Hey guys, check out our new game, it's got these great features we've had in the game for years on ps2." So instead it gets pushed aside over and over again while they put in all the new features like Backtrack, Rewind, Fumble Pile and Protak. Next year it will be the next great feature and the old features we loved will be forgotten once again.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #69
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This is always the answer. In 07 and 08 it was because they had to start over. Now it's still not in and everyone says can't get it done all at once. They've had 08,09 and now 10 to get this in but it is continually ignored.

Why is that? Because you can't sell games by saying "Hey guys, check out our new game, it's got these great features we've had in the game for years on ps2." So instead it gets pushed aside over and over again while they put in all the new features like Backtrack, Rewind, Fumble Pile and Protak. Next year it will be the next great feature and the old features we loved will be forgotten once again.
Backtrack and rewind, agreed... Pro Tak is very much a substantial addition that you wont know how much it was necessary until you've experienced it.

I'd be willing to bet it'll get back in next year. They brought back individual defensive assignments this year, that's one step back in the right direction.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 5

I'd be willing to bet it'll get back in next year. They brought back individual defensive assignments this year, that's one step back in the right direction.

Thats the thing ADEM, its like this every year with EA "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR" and we do that and still end up short in some features that should have just been added to the game and just leave GFX alone (there fine by me)

Maybe im not just grasping the dev process but from the outside looking in, it seems to me tht they should just keep developing on what they have out of 10 as if they never went gold.

With this gen being almost over one cant trip over the GFX of the game and just wait to see if they can hit there target render from this gen in the next one.

But as long as the fundamental of the NFL are there then I will have to deal with it. But I just want assurance that known glitches in the game that these idiots online take advantage of far gone.

I would like to know if the RC is gone along with the scramble egg QBs. I dont like the fact a QB in madden can have his back turned and still playmaker a WR while running for dear life and not looking at the player they're playmakering.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #71
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone

Thats the thing ADEM, its like this every year with EA "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR" and we do that and still end up short in some features that should have just been added to the game and just leave GFX alone (there fine by me)
I would absolutely love for this to happen but I just don't see it. I read these threads about colored cleats and what not and I think EA feels they have to blow those things out the box to keep sales going. You can read it in the game reviews too. Every site always starts by asking EA with a sigh "Alright, what "great" thing is it this year that makes this game different from a roster update."

It puts so much pressure on EA to find something new and refreshing that they are forced to sacrifice the old stuff the didn't make the transition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #72
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone

I agree... I was actually disappointed when Ian said the graphics had received a boost. But what I was not considering is that a guy like Michael Young isn't qualified to put in something like defensive hot routes. He's an art guy. Not upgrading the graphics wouldn't mean more would get in otherwise, it just means Michael Young would be sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs.

Quote:
Maybe im not just grasping the dev process but from the outside looking in, it seems to me tht they should just keep developing on what they have out of 10 as if they never went gold.
I don't understand this part of the process, so I really can't comment. I know they didn't have a playable 10 until January or something, but maybe that's because Pro-Tak broke it. I couldn't say. So much new was added, I think they had to scrap a lot of what was in 09.

Quote:
With this gen being almost over one cant trip over the GFX of the game and just wait to see if they can hit there target render from this gen in the next one.

But as long as the fundamental of the NFL are there then I will have to deal with it. But I just want assurance that known glitches in the game that these idiots online take advantage of far gone.

I would like to know if the RC is gone along with the scramble egg QBs. I dont like the fact a QB in madden can have his back turned and still playmaker a WR while running for dear life and not looking at the player they're playmakering.
Actually, playmaker is out. Right stick is QB Avoidance. I'm not 100% willing to say RC is out because I never was very good at it... I was able to do it now and then on 09, wasn't able to do it at all in 10.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »