Home

CPU snap count, how do you feel about it

This is a discussion on CPU snap count, how do you feel about it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #9
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: CPU snap count, how do you feel about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
I hope the CPU snaps don't revert back to '08 where the CPU snapped the ball so friggin' fast every play that we didn't have time to adjust the defense. That was VERY frustrating and was a gamebreaker for me that year.

I agree the CPU should snap the ball at random times...that's reality.
No they should snap it when their QB says "hike!"

Love the sig, btw

Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
No they should snap it when their QB says "hike!"

Love the sig, btw
Not if they use a silent count... which would be nice to have implemented, as would being able to set a hard count to 'on 2' or 'on 3' and then hitting the snap button however many times before it actually snaps.

It shouldn't be completely random, though. Usually teams snap within the last 5-10 seconds. During a some of the Steelers games I watched last year it seemed like Roethlisberger had the ball snapped with 2 seconds on the playclock every time. It should vary more than it does in these videos, though... remember Peyton Manning catching the Chargers D sleeping (pretty sure it was them) with a quick snap for a wide open long TD pass? It's part of the game.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

As a default, I'd like to see a variation in the snap count, maybe between 5-10 seconds or something. I'd also like to slider to adjust this between low, medium, and high. For example:

set to low = 2 - 4 seconds
set to medium = 5 - 10 seconds
set to high = 10 - <1 second left on play clock

It would be great too if this changed depending on the situation in game. If they are trying to run the clock out at the end of the game, they would run it down close to 1 second each time. If they are trying to make a late 4th quarter comeback, they would be snapping it much quicker.

Furthermore, if they ever add the ability to scout the team you're playing against, they could have each QB have a different snap delay. For example, each week you could select a few things (intangibles that you can't see in the ratings) you want to focus on your scouting, and if you choose QB as one of those things, it might come back with: "Throws a lot of deep balls, struggles under pressure, high snap delay, etc."

Lastly, if there is a CPU snap delay, I would like to see if eliminated for extra points, punts, and field goals unless of course the situation calls for them running the clock down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Yep I think it's now confirmed from all of the E3 coverage, watching all the vids and all the vids from Chase [Eagles vs. Cowboys] it looks like the CPU just snaps the ball at the same time every time, and very quickly.

Can Chase confirm this? That's the first thing I noticed from watching all of the Human vs. CPU vids.. no audibles no different snap counts from the CPU team. Hopefully this can change.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

bump...for possible answer from Chase or Ian??
Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I hope they fixed long snap. It made defense unplayable.

Waiting 10 seconds b4 every play. How stupid!?
Speak for yourself... if anything is stupid, it's not having enough time to select the player you want, and adjust your defense for the offensive scheme.

I hate the quick snaps. What's the point of even playing defense if you don't have a chance to set it up and use the features (changing coverages and such).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »