Home

Some very good news

This is a discussion on Some very good news within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #41
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Some very good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
... It doesn't move at Madden speed anymore. It moves at real life speed now Seriously, the game speed feels amazing. That's one thing I had ZERO complaints about at CD. It was perfect. You can't feel it in videos, you've gotta get your hands on it to appreciate how big a game changer it is.

There's a few of those. The pass speed is another one. The velocity of the ball is WAY down, and that makes a massive difference in the passing game. Timing is so much more important now.

But, I still agree with you. I'd rather they leave too little time than too much, as with the slower game speed and the natural birds-eye view of the field, zone defenses will be absolute cake to pick apart if you're not getting pressured.
That's good to hear. Like you, I'd still rather they leave too little time than too much time if it had to be one or the other, but the ultimate goal is for it to be balanced. I guess 3 secs is ok since you say the speed is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #42
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Once again, despite all evidence to the contrary, a developer says a few words and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon and starts saying how everything will be fixed. I don't believe anything until they show it, so as far as I am concerned the DL and Ol interaction is still weak as is online franchise.
I'm actually with you in this same boat now. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...........well you guys know the rest. Or do you?

Seriously though, I'm at the point now of seeing is believing as well. Waaay too many times in the past someone's spotted a problem with the game before it's release and the devs said "oh, we'll take care of that before the release" and guess what was in the game when it was released. The same problem that was spotted before. That has happened numerous times. In the past, I would just say whatever and plan on the game being shipped like it is, but this is a new dev team and Ian seems to be a pretty standup guy. That's why I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming it'll be tweaked like he said. I still wanna see it though before I say it's fixed, just for the simple fact of what happened in the past. It's not Ian's fault, but just like Bush said: "Fool me once.....shame on........shame on you. You fool me...you can't get fooled again." lol Peace.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #43
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Awesome News. I don't want to see this stuff drag down what other great improvements they've made this year

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 27

This is good news. It's crunch time now though... hope they can get this in.

The only real gripes I have right now are:

*Momentum/Change of direction. The players are really waterbugging in the vids. I'd like to see this get back to more of what we saw at CD, but I know that's a longshot. If the tuning tools work well enough we might be fine, but still.

*D-linemen being knocked to the ground too often.

*I'm a presentation guy, so obviously the fact that defenders are not being spotlighted with a tight shot after knocking down a pass or getting a near INT is a big flag for me. I've seen some key third down stops where the defender makes a big play, but he isn't spotlighted at all.

*Depth of field really should be kicking in during Pre-Game Warm-ups because the fans are too exposed. Anytime you can take attention away from the live game fans is a smart move.

*I saw Coach Raisin Head pop up during a cutscene. He was being featured, clapping! I was told at CD that this would never happen, but old Coach is apparently very tenacious. They really need to just cut those Raisin Head guys. One, they look awful and two they don't even wear team colors so what's the point? C'mon Art... C'mooooon, lol.

*I don't like how quickly some of the scenes end. I wish there was something for us patient guys who aren't trying to skip every single thing. We shouldn't have to be penalized for wanting to enjoy presentation.

*The Big Red Circle... if they did nothing else, if they just gave me a turn-off for this, I'd be happy.

... and none of the things I mentioned will kill the game for me, and though I was terribly disappointed with the Extra Point Show, I've seen a ton of other things that have me very interested. I think the game will still be good.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 06-06-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:45 AM   #45
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

this is great news we all have to keep in mind E3 is not the finished product just like most games that were shown there...

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Once again, despite all evidence to the contrary, a developer says a few words and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon and starts saying how everything will be fixed. I don't believe anything until they show it, so as far as I am concerned the DL and Ol interaction is still weak as is online franchise.
Fade, I'm sure people are happy with Ian and his present team addressing issues before it goes gold. No one said anything about the past until you brought it up.

Are you disappointed with anything(besides the Extra Point) that Ian and his team has produced so far from 09 and 10?

Let's see what Ian and his team can do with 10 before we repeatedly pounce on the past.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #47
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I never said it will be fixed. The relief here is that they're working on it. There is no evidence one way or the other... there is only "they know, good, lets move on and talk about something else rather than wasting our time repeatedly telling them the same thing".

Or would you rather sit and harp on something they've already heard? If it not going to get fixed, another 12 threads isn't going to change that.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Fade, I'm sure people are happy with Ian and his present team addressing issues before it goes gold. No one said anything about the past until you brought it up.

Are you disappointed with anything(besides the Extra Point) that Ian and his team has produced so far from 09 and 10?

Let's see what Ian and his team can do with 10 before we repeatedly pounce on the past.
Am I disappointed? LOL come on man you know me better than that Roadman. Honestly the Extra Point doesn't bother me because I don't care about watching a highlight show. The biggest things I've ever mentioned was Online Franchise and OL/DL interaction specifically in reference to the 3-4. So yes I would have to say I'm dissapointed with a half *** Online Franchise and I've yet to see any real line play involving the 3-4 defense and whether or not the DL can draw double teams and make this BASIC NFL DEFENSE viable in Madden. I have never said Ian and crew sucked or the game would suck or anything like that. The only point I'm stating is that many of the issues we see now, will PROBABLY not get fixed this Madden. I applaud the efforts the crew made in making this a better Madden, but it still sucks to see these basic things not implemented. They've been saying they were going to fix the Line play and I haven't seen any evidence that the situation has changed. I mean more than just forming a fricking pocket...Online franchise without Salary Cap and trade logic?!?! I will be the first person to satnd up and say I'm wrong as hell if they fix it and make it work. Until then I'm not going to let someone sell me a wolf ticket.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 06-06-2009 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »