Home

NFL or WNFL...that is the question?

This is a discussion on NFL or WNFL...that is the question? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: NFL or WNFL...that is the question?

Dude D-Ends fall all the time...I watch 2 of the top 15 every Sunday(Freeney and Mathis) and they probably fall every 2-3 plays because either the Olineman uses thier momentum against the DE, the DE loses his footing...I am sure there are a couple other ways a DE can fall. Now I will give you the DT position, I often see DTs(not the Colts') blow up centers or guards and don't see the DT get knocked over too often unless of course they are the Colts DTs last year....so while I couldn't disagree more on the DE position I completely agree with the DT position...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #34
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

one thing i saw from the SB 42 highlights that worries me from what I seen from Madden 10 vids from E3:

in madden 10 vids I've seen,every time the QB got hit while throwing was a duck pass. On the SB highlights Big Ben got hit alot as he was passing and still got off acurate passes so I hope this is implemented in Madden 10,cause so far all I have seen is duck passes.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Dude D-Ends fall all the time...I watch 2 of the top 15 every Sunday(Freeney and Mathis) and they probably fall every 2-3 plays because either the Olineman uses thier momentum against the DE, the DE loses his footing...I am sure there are a couple other ways a DE can fall. Now I will give you the DT position, I often see DTs(not the Colts') blow up centers or guards and don't see the DT get knocked over too often unless of course they are the Colts DTs last year....so while I couldn't disagree more on the DE position I completely agree with the DT position...
i think u miss what i meant by falling in madden. in real life freeney and mathis falls because they be so close to the QB that they try to reach and strip and lose they footing. if they not close to the QB, freeney will stand up and hold his ground and try again to get to the QB.

in madden when a player falls he no where near the QB and is completely out the play and the guard or tackle is left standing over like he just punked. i watch the colts cause my guys is a huge fan and i dont see freeney get taken out of pass plays EVER!!! i love bringing pressure and you cant accomplish that if people are falling and taken out the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
i think u miss what i meant by falling in madden. in real life freeney and mathis falls because they be so close to the QB that they try to reach and strip and lose they footing. if they not close to the QB, freeney will stand up and hold his ground and try again to get to the QB.

in madden when a player falls he no where near the QB and is completely out the play and the guard or tackle is left standing over like he just punked. i watch the colts cause my guys is a huge fan and i dont see freeney get taken out of pass plays EVER!!! i love bringing pressure and you cant accomplish that if people are falling and taken out the play.
oh ok so you are saying that they get "pancaked" too often?

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
oh ok so you are saying that they get "pancaked" too often?
no pancaking. these be one on one struggles. i wish it was pancaking.

i know its hard to get video proof of players falling but watching highlights can at least give u some indication and from the ones i gave out and i should put some more. i havent seen not D-Line get punked like i see in madden
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
After tuning. It should be right.

FYI. Dlinemen do fall over. There has been instances where the entire dline is on the floor in the real NFL. It's quite common. But getting pressure is also ALOT MORE COMMON THAN CURRENTLY REPRESENTED.

That being said, we'll just have to wait and see.
The Front 7 on Defense rarely get knocked backward on their arse when passrushing. On run plays thats another story; it does happen. On pass plays the front 7 does fall, but to the side, off balance.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 55

Jhova I saw what you saw too. I think the Pro videos just made the pass rush look terrible in general.

As adembroski pointed out - in All Pro mode the pass rush seemed to lean more towards what we want, but not yet where we want it. They had ALL DAY in the pocket in both modes. At least I saw a couple big sacks on All Pro. One thing to keep in mind is the frequency of sacks in the NFL. Didn't Brees only get sacked a handful of times last year? I mean some guys just do have great protection like that and with such a small sample size even I exaggerate and portray a skewed perspective.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Jhova I saw what you saw too. I think the Pro videos just made the pass rush look terrible in general.

As adembroski pointed out - in All Pro mode the pass rush seemed to lean more towards what we want, but not yet where we want it. They had ALL DAY in the pocket in both modes. At least I saw a couple big sacks on All Pro. One thing to keep in mind is the frequency of sacks in the NFL. Didn't Brees only get sacked a handful of times last year? I mean some guys just do have great protection like that and with such a small sample size even I exaggerate and portray a skewed perspective.
im not talking about sacks. i never did. this whole wasnt about making sure they dont fall for i can get sacks(if u felt that i was leaning toward that concept)

this is position, pressure by which forcing a QB to make a bad decision whether its human or CPU. great o-line should allow the QB to get more time but not by punking the D-line by make them fall. they should hold there assignments and keep the d-line in check long enough for the qb to make the right decision
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »