Home

Catches in Traffic and Spectacular catches.

This is a discussion on Catches in Traffic and Spectacular catches. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Cool Catches in Traffic and Spectacular catches.

I want to see some snags wrs actually using there jumping rating , players like larry fitz, randy moss, steve smith, etc. i dont want it too be cheese ,but that would add a more realistic element to the game when u throw deep or to a single covered star receiver, youll know that he will at least attempt or try a raw catch. This should only happen for certain receivers. i mean it is in all pro 2k8. when wrs make a little half hearted jump and a scrub db just stands there and no one catches it, is really annoying. For next year they should work on customixing wrs with certain catches and running animations for offensive skill positions. Do you agree disagree, all feedback is cool.
Ex,

Like this

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Catches in Traffic and Spectacular catches.

agreed. larry fitz is almost useless b/c of the not jumping.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Damn look at that rb backplate on Collins and Fitz.

Ps I agree.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I hope there is a way to throw a true fade route in the game this year.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Banned

Wat happened to the madden 08 spectaculor catches, i know they were cheesey if u kept using them,but it gave the game a diffrent aspect for receivers like fitz and roy williams who use there hops and athleticsism to make catches. If they could have these along with some new additions this could really show off receivers with alot hops and you would be able to take advantage of this in the endzone and give people a chance to make catches in coverage along with highlight catches. Instead of these lame rocket catches. This would also give you a chance to get a hail mary pass.

Madden 08 Spectaculor Catches

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Yah, I agree. Of all the gameplay areas, I think the deep passing game (including: trajectory/speed of ball, db play on ball, and wr play on ball) could use the most improvement.

It must be tough to find that balance though, between blah and cheese.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcooks
Wat happened to the madden 08 spectaculor catches, i know they were cheesey if u kept using them,but it gave the game a diffrent aspect for receivers like fitz and roy williams who use there hops and athleticsism to make catches. If they could have these along with some new additions this could really show off receivers with alot hops and you would be able to take advantage of this in the endzone and give people a chance to make catches in coverage along with highlight catches. Instead of these lame rocket catches. This would also give you a chance to get a hail mary pass.

Madden 08 Spectaculor Catches

Wow, Madden has changed a ton after watching that video.

Anyways, yeah I wanna see some realistic looking Spectacular Catches. I want it to be a 'special' moment so you dont see it every other play. Wouldn't pro-tak be used for this? You know catch animations over 2-3 people? It happens if the DBs are scrubs or just undersized for the WR.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
Banned

I agree with the above poster, man u know if they had player specific spectaculor catches. Man, these rocket catches are not cutting know. It seems like every player jumps the same height on rocket catches.

Rocket Catches = lame, cheesy

Dont get me wrong rocket catches rarely happen when some is standing still and they jump straight up. This was evident in Madden Nation where all they did was throw curls and deep balls,got control of the person, and just rocket catched down the field. This really needs to be addresed because in past years if a wr is fast and has a little height he is a beast. Where in real life alot more things factor in when being a good wr. Ex, Ted Ginn being the player of the game with great receiving stats due to his 98 speed. His rating is in the high 70s to low 80s ,but he is more effective in the game, than a receiver like Anquin Boldin with ratings in the 90s,but low speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »