Home

How the Run Animations should be(Video)

This is a discussion on How the Run Animations should be(Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How the Run Animations should be(Video)

I really like the way you describe your videos. We can truly understand how things should be to be realistic. Thanks again for that.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ian's gonna be mad at you guys, did u guys read his latest twitter replies he does'nt understand all the criticism. i believe were're stook with what we got.but i do agree the running needs to look better
Old 06-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I agree with apex. the running can be better. But it ain't going break the game. Madden 10 is still going to be real good. It's not perfect. BTW Apex when they start choosing community day people next year. You need to make yourself stand out and so Ian will choose you to come down to flordia to help point out stuff for madden 11. With everthing you point out all the time Apex. Ian them might try to dogde you lol. But Apex it would be nice if you could be one of the new community day people next year. To really help with madden 11 build. But good video bro. But madden 10 will still be real good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I agree with apex. the running can be better. But it ain't going break the game. Madden 10 is still going to be real good. It's not perfect. BTW Apex when they start choosing community day people next year. You need to make yourself stand out and so Ian will choose you to come down to flordia to help point out stuff for madden 11. With everthing you point out all the time Apex. Ian them might try to dogde you lol. But Apex it would be nice if you could be one of the new community day people next year. To really help with madden 11 build. But good video bro. But madden 10 will still be real good.
It's very critical . This stuff can turn Madden from a good/decent game to a great game.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree with everything except Madden 04 being the best. That's where the BS started.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #14
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
Ian's gonna be mad at you guys, did u guys read his latest twitter replies he does'nt understand all the criticism. i believe were're stook with what we got.but i do agree the running needs to look better
What is there to be mad about???? I think we all can agree the running animations need to be fixed. The game is looking to be a great game. No one is trashing the game or disrespecting their hours upon hours of hard work, at least im not. It is what it is.

Look the at kick returns in the E3 vids. In real life, if a player was to run soo upright and hold the ball out the way they do in Madden '10, I promise you it would be their last time returning a kick until they learn how to properly secure the ball and run with proper technique.

Just the one vid posted by apex looks better than anything I've seen thus far, and that was from '04!!! So I know it can be fixed and I trust that it will. Madden '10 has shown that EA listened to our cries, and I pray that they do again with the running animations.

Last edited by adub88; 06-06-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
Ian's gonna be mad at you guys...
Ian getting mad is the last response he should have.

Madden NFL 10 has made huge strides in presentation and in on-screen graphics overlays (much of which was directly credited to Ian personally in videos and interviews). The added atmospherics alone (and the on-field referees) give the game a totally different element that was missing for years. And adding online franchise (even if it doesn't ship with EVERYTHING enabled) is also a big achievement....BUT...

The criticism of the momentum and physics of the running and cutting animations is perfectly legit. Until the beautiful player models and stadiums have equally beautiful player MOVEMENT (complete with appropriate changes in speed when cutting - like the kick return I referenced in another thread from the Josh Looman GT interview) then the game still has a massive hole at its core.

I understand being upset about trivial or unfair criticism...there's plenty of that every year and this is no different...but I can't see why legitimate issues would make anyone mad...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #16
Rookie

KnightRider66's Arena

OVR: 1

I disagree that people aren't trying to trash the game, if you're going to try and make running animations ruin a game for you then that's getting ridiculous. They aren't that bad, there are examples of Westbrook catching the ball against Dallas and he lowers his back to make jukes and what not.... So the animations that apex is talking about are in the game....

Until you can compare Madden '10 from a side angle you can't make these arguments.....Apex has 0 visual evidence that the ball carriers aren't lowering their backs, because we haven't had any side angles....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »