Home

How the Run Animations should be(Video)

This is a discussion on How the Run Animations should be(Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: How the Run Animations should be(Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I couldn't get a good side view of running animations in most of the game footage from E3 to know whether changes were made. I will say that it seemed that there was less of the head bounce from the back and it looked like there was more arm movement, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.
I think you may be right because I've thought the same thing. The arm movement looks slightly more pronounced from the side - I've thought that about sig throws too. Still not enough movement w/the running anims though; when viewing from behind, coupled with the way the players do that elongated fast jog/stride it just looks weird.

I thought the OP's point about Madden '04 being "the best" was flat out ridiculous, but his point about the running anims were mostly true. But there was more degrees to movement then also. It's easier to distinguish when a player is making a burst/speeding up. In M10 there's none of that. Also think just because old games did something better doesn't mean they're a legitimate standard Tiburon should be shooting for - the games are far too old and/or disadvantaged at this point. If Tiburon is truly looking to replicate what happens on Sunday, they should be looking at the tons of footage available of what occurs on Sunday. Not shooting to be slightly better than old football games. While the older running anims are better, I don't just want the old running anims - when we had them back then we wanted better. So it shouldn't be made to be some standard now x-number of years later.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 10

O wow..Is the running animation that we all wanted actually in a 6 year old game? And no its not 2k..but madden itself? This running is beautiful.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #43
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11

Apex, you stole the words out of my mouth! EA, Ian Cummings and staff should all understand why we all are so passionate about running animations. It is the single most repetitive thing you see in the game. Football players are constantly running. If that does not look authentic and realistic. It is really hard to see beyond that, ...NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE REST OF THE GAME IS!

With that being said I have enjoyed most of what i've seen of the game from E3.

EA, Ian.. Get the running animations and player movement right and you could just possibly have the best football game ever made in Madden 10.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 19

Ian Cummings...We all love you. It's obvious you made great strides. But hire Apex to be a game tester! Apex alone can change this game completely.

Keep up the good work Ian!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #45
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Running animations were the one thing that always bothered me about ESPN NFL 2k5. They ran like stiff robots... backs flat as a bored. But your video here about last gen running animations are right on the nose. Bravo to you sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Dang.. Amen and co-signed.. with a cash down payment.

I signed up for this forum specifically to voice my concerns about the ball carrier running animation. I was compelled to chime in to this thread. Apex, thanks a million for going into the usual detail.

First things first, from what I've been seeing on youtube,pastepadre etc.. madden 10 looks to possibly the best football game ever. This coming from a 2k5 fan. You guys are to be commended.

EA/Ian you have the power.. make it happen. i don't want to hear it man. The ball carrier running animation is unacceptable.. and you guys know it.

The pattern animations before they actually carry the ball look spot on. Running animation with ball.. herky jerky, awkward.. un-athletic. Actually, maybe too over the top athletic. I don't know man.. It's just plain weird to watch. I think assassins creed has one of the best running animations ever.. and that game has nothing to do with football.

Anyway, I don't understand it. Why be mediocre when you all have the capacity, resources, and know how to make it GREAT. You all have the power to make a complete game. Spend a week on just run animations. Copy 04 if you have to.. I'm sorry apex is right. Do something! I swear if you get it right, I'll buy this game for XB360 and PS3.. special editions.

I really, really hope this isn't a corporate sabotage ploy for next years Madden 2011 "new authentic running features!". Yes, I'm that suspicious and jaded, because this just seems.. i don't know.. too obvious of a thing to miss.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

+1 Apex.

I hope there's still time to improve animations.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #48
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Not gonna lie, you're videos are always pretty good, but if you could speak clearly and more fluently your videos would take half the time.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »