Home

The play call menu pops up to fast.

This is a discussion on The play call menu pops up to fast. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: The play call menu pops up to fast.

too fast*
Old 06-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986
Once again, they're forcing you to look at it regardless. Ian and the gang know there are people who skip the cutscenes and there are people who like to sit and watch. So, to make it fair, you could watch and pick your play at the same time. It's a bullet you're going to have to take sir.

Imo, I love it. There's no waiting to pick my play. Plus, if my opponent is taking too long picking a play, I have something to watch.
Ken, the reason why people are complaining is that u cant see the cutscreens. The playcalling screen blocks everything. They should have did it like 2k5, where u have a small PIP at the top of the screen or just let the cutscreen finish. Even madden09 system was ok, because u could see everything. If people like rushing through, thats fine, just let others have a option too.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Ken, the reason why people are complaining is that u cant see the cutscreens. The playcalling screen blocks everything. They should have did it like 2k5, where u have a small PIP at the top of the screen or just let the cutscreen finish. Even madden09 system was ok, because u could see everything. If people like rushing through, thats fine, just let others have a option too.
This ^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey OP, I'm sorry if I'm not being too clear enough. My fault... but hear me out.

I completely see where you're coming from. It would look better and it would make it more like watching a TV broadcast or something. I'm sure they thought about having it full screen at some point but then they realized that people would just skip them. Then, I'm sure they thought of the PIP option. Then, they realized people usually don't look at it after a while. Like first and foremost, we're playing a videogame. Not watching TV. So... I'm pretty sure the only compromise was to have the cutscenes play out durinng the play call screen. Imo, it looks good. I'm pretty sure they won't change it.

All in all, it sucks they took out the whole 'full screen' effect. I'm sure there are many fans like you that really enjoyed those. Who knows, if we keep talking about it, they may mix it up and have some play in full screen.

I hope you see where I'm coming from. If not, then blah. lol. Good post though.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken986
Hey OP, I'm sorry if I'm not being too clear enough. My fault... but hear me out.

I completely see where you're coming from. It would look better and it would make it more like watching a TV broadcast or something. I'm sure they thought about having it full screen at some point but then they realized that people would just skip them. Then, I'm sure they thought of the PIP option. Then, they realized people usually don't look at it after a while. Like first and foremost, we're playing a videogame. Not watching TV. So... I'm pretty sure the only compromise was to have the cutscenes play out durinng the play call screen. Imo, it looks good. I'm pretty sure they won't change it.

All in all, it sucks they took out the whole 'full screen' effect. I'm sure there are many fans like you that really enjoyed those. Who knows, if we keep talking about it, they may mix it up and have some play in full screen.

I hope you see where I'm coming from. If not, then blah. lol. Good post though.
Im not saying you should press a button to skip them, im saying you should press a button to bring up the playcall screen, the same one they have now. so that the cutscene is full screen untill you press the button then the play call menu will pop up over the cutscene that is still playing out.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Im not saying you should press a button to skip them, im saying you should press a button to bring up the playcall screen, the same one they have now. so that the cutscene is full screen untill you press the button then the play call menu will pop up over the cutscene that is still playing out.
Ah... I see what you mean now. That makes sense. Well... that looks like it could be implemented fairly easy. Maybe they have it now and that the people who were playing during the E3 vids were pressing the button fast.

Sorry for mixing up your idea sir.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Has any of you thought that maybe the people playing the game did press A and go to the playcall screen? They definitely did, because every vid I watch the people just skip all the cutscenes and go str8 to picking a play or hiking the ball. They don't watch all the extra stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Has any of you thought that maybe the people playing the game did press A and go to the playcall screen? They definitely did, because every vid I watch the people just skip all the cutscenes and go str8 to picking a play or hiking the ball. They don't watch all the extra stuff.
Exactly what i was gonna say man. You hit the nail on the head. People are pressing A and skipping the cutscenes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »