Home

Legitimate things you want fine tuned before Madden10 release

This is a discussion on Legitimate things you want fine tuned before Madden10 release within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Legitimate things you want fine tuned before Madden10 release

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
*Momentum/Change of direction. The players are really waterbugging in the vids, not as bad as 09, but it's still there to a good enough degree to call attention to. I'd like to see this get back to more of what we saw at CD, but I know that's a longshot. If the user-tuning tools in Madden 10 work well enough we might be fine, but still.

*D-linemen being knocked to the ground too often.

*I'm a presentation guy, so obviously the fact that defenders are not being spotlighted with a tight shot after knocking down a pass or getting a near INT is a big flag for me. I've seen some key third down stops where the defender makes a big play, but he isn't spotlighted at all.

*Depth of field really should be kicking in during Pre-Game Warm-ups because the fans are too exposed. Anytime you can take attention away from the live game fans is a smart move.

*I saw Coach Raisin Head pop up during a cutscene! He was being featured, clapping! I was told at CD that this would never happen, but old Coach is apparently very tenacious. They really need to just cut those Raisin Head guys. One, they look awful and two they don't even wear team colors so what's the point? C'mon Art... C'mooooon, lol.

*I don't like how quickly some of the cutscenes end. I wish there was something for us patient guys who aren't trying to skip every single thing. We shouldn't have to be penalized for wanting to enjoy presentation just because impatient folks don't.

*A shortening of the fading to black between live game to cutscene. Some of the sequences take way too long to load. The best thing to do here is to put something up on the screen while waiting. An NFL Shield... A team logo... a player stat card (hey, that's a great place to put it!)... something.

*A few more fans-in-the-stands cutscenes sprinkled in throughout the game would be welcomed. Just a few more though.

*More auto-replays.

*The Big Red Circle... if they did nothing else, if they just gave me a turn-off option for this, I'd be happy. Look at the overwhelming balance of this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-circle-7.html

Damn, you make some good points, add this to the list of stuff I want finetuned/edited. I'm also a huge presentation guy also, that's why I'm hoping Ian fine tunes some the presentation stuff with the cutscenes and add highlights for franchise mode, and play by play commentary with a patch/DLC atleast after its released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #42
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Anti-jitter / bounce added to replay cameras (to avoid epileptic shock)
Fade away added to the score bar (so TVs aren't ruined)
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #43
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Let me begin by saying the audio is TERRIBLE so please mute your computer before viewing. i found this video on youtube and wanted to address something I saw in it:

@ about 38sec you see Robinson in he Wildcat for the 49ers. he runs the play and when the 49ers go back to the huddle @55sec mark you see Robinson calling the next play as though he were the new QB, and not just lined up as the QB from the last play. This is another problem that has been around in Madden for years is how a cut scene or the logic doesn't care who the player is, they just plug someone in a plce they do not belong. For example, you will see special teams or offensive/defensive players in huddles they don't belong in until the play is called. Seeing the Punter in the huddle calling plays after a converted fake punt play, yet it is first down and my QB should be back in.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #44
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I don't know if anyone has talked about this yet...

"Let's send you to the studio for his halftime break." [gets all excited...] [long wait]"Thanks tom, we hope you guys have been enjoying the action"[long wait]"We'll get you straight to the [terrible] highlights enjoy."[really long wait as we watch a -2 yard run, a pick with a terrible camera angle(but at least it is note worthy), a 1 yard run by the QB, and another pick (at least it is also note worthy) and a pick for a TD]"The total number of plays run that each team has run is just about even. Buralson has 75 yards receiving. Seattle... is up by a score of... 20 7. We'll send you back to your game now."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

To be fair, let us compare:

The glaring problem, almost every game Boomer says "looking at the [insert stat] you would think [insert team] should be way ahead on the score board but somehow they've let their opponent hang with 'em. Let's se if they can change things in the second half." That gets old fast to me, but at least it is something. The play commentary is vague, but it is there and it is accurate. There are a few over done line as well, such as "[insert player] with the interception and a possible momentum shifter" even when it wasn'ta momentum shifter and the team lost horridly. But ,again, at least it was colorful and fun. Also how in the clip Boomer said "That would set up a 36yrd Field Goal." In madden 09 you saw the FG as one of the key plays of the game in the list of 5, and not the play that set up the FG attempt.

I just thikn that while it is nice they have the half time show... from what I saw, it SUCKS! arhem... It isn't very impressive at all. I hope that There is something that can and will be done before release. After all, if this is what Ian thinks will help Madden 10 blow ESPN 2k5 out of the water and stop us from comparing madden to 2k and on and on.... I am very disappointed.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #45
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm hoping for great man coverage by the elite Cbs in the game. I hope that you can get a decent pass rush also. Just great game balance is what I am asking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #46
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

This is another good video with TERRIBLE audio. Consider yourself warned.

Again, on the topic of half time show, why are the camera angles and replays not from a broadcast perspective like all the highlights we see in real life? We do see special camera angles when ESPN/NFL network wants to re-play the replay and give an even better break down or more detailed shot, but the first time through you see a more both-like camera view. If EA wants a more braadcast like presentation, then... why aren't you giving us what we se during a broadcast?!? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

The camera flashes need to go. Not every game should look like the opening kick off to the superbowl.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I don't know if anyone has talked about this yet...

"Let's send you to the studio for his halftime break." [gets all excited...] [long wait]"Thanks tom, we hope you guys have been enjoying the action"[long wait]"We'll get you straight to the [terrible] highlights enjoy."[really long wait as we watch a -2 yard run, a pick with a terrible camera angle(but at least it is note worthy), a 1 yard run by the QB, and another pick (at least it is also note worthy) and a pick for a TD]"The total number of plays run that each team has run is just about even. Buralson has 75 yards receiving. Seattle... is up by a score of... 20 7. We'll send you back to your game now."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

To be fair, let us compare:

The glaring problem, almost every game Boomer says "looking at the [insert stat] you would think [insert team] should be way ahead on the score board but somehow they've let their opponent hang with 'em. Let's se if they can change things in the second half." That gets old fast to me, but at least it is something. The play commentary is vague, but it is there and it is accurate. There are a few over done line as well, such as "[insert player] with the interception and a possible momentum shifter" even when it wasn'ta momentum shifter and the team lost horridly. But ,again, at least it was colorful and fun. Also how in the clip Boomer said "That would set up a 36yrd Field Goal." In madden 09 you saw the FG as one of the key plays of the game in the list of 5, and not the play that set up the FG attempt.

I just thikn that while it is nice they have the half time show... from what I saw, it SUCKS! arhem... It isn't very impressive at all. I hope that There is something that can and will be done before release. After all, if this is what Ian thinks will help Madden 10 blow ESPN 2k5 out of the water and stop us from comparing madden to 2k and on and on.... I am very disappointed.
Ok, after watching this you are right, something needs to be added to Madden10, forget waiting till Madden11 to address this. Im excited about all the hardwork and vast improvements have done to this game, but the presentation is one of the things we as fans have been waiting on Madden to have. We need to beg and plead with Ian to either knock this out the park before Madden10 release or atleast bring the halfime/endofgame show upto par with NFL2K5 with a patch/DLC for Madden10, the game is looking so beautiful and it looks like this is all thats missing from the presentaion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »