Home

for us Ps3 users.....

This is a discussion on for us Ps3 users..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: for us Ps3 users.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
2k9 is native 720p, and you are actually giving yourself an inferior picture by unchecking 720p.
maybe to you 720 looks better but not to me...last year i played the madden on ps3(720)and 360(1080).360 LOOKED better visualizes looked more hd than 720.So different strokes for different folks 1080 any day if i can get it.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1216
im pretty sure theres an upscaler on the the ps3, im not 100% sure tho
yes there is for DVDs but not the games....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I am not even sure if the PS3 could run many games at 1080P ( at 60 fps / respectable fps / no hitching ).. It really doesnt have a lot of video ram which is why the 360 can push 1080P no problem and why it seems there are tons more 1080P 360 games.

Just incase you are wondering... Higher res textures take much more memory and the more video ram you got the better.

Dunno.. Just a hunch .
the PS3s OS somehow can work as video RAM also how? IDK but that is what I have read/heard and also I know that Sony said when they released the PS3 it was capable of like 120 FPS....I'm not sayin'......I'm just sayin'

Old 06-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleCity101
maybe to you 720 looks better but not to me...last year i played the madden on ps3(720)and 360(1080).360 LOOKED better visualizes looked more hd than 720.So different strokes for different folks 1080 any day if i can get it.
Than that is just becasue your 360 is putting out a cleaner picture. Your tv should always be sent the games native resolution in almost every case, and then you let your tv deal with it and scale it how it should. What you are saying doesnt make much sense from the test i have run myself and others on the avs forums have run.

Im curious as to what panel you are playing on, and are your systems hooke to the same one?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleCity101
true but MOSTLY ALL ps3 games are in 720 ONLY.I'm graphics freak so i've hoped for a long time companys would start making 1080 an option but i guess their still trying to figure the ps3 out....i'm not complaining or nothing because the game still looks GREAT it just looks GREATERER on 360.P.s i know that's not a word but that's how good it looks.
Ya I think within the next 2-3 years the DEVS will be able to understand the PS3 more, I have always heard that Microsoft made the 360 a lot more DEV friendly so they could use everything the 360 has....and if you look at the best graphical games on the PS3 in general 98% of them are made by SCEA.....The Show, Uncharted, etc., etc.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »