Home

madden10 team rating what do u think?

This is a discussion on madden10 team rating what do u think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #41
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: madden10 team rating what do u think?

Team ratings aren't indicative of a team's won-loss record (and they shouldn't be). An 8-8 Chargers team should be rated higher than a 9-7 Chicago team because of the talent they have on the team. It doesn't necessarily mean they would beat the Bears because talent level doesn't always dictate performance.

Point being......don't get too hung up on the team ratings. They are, for the most part, subjective ratings.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Team ratings aren't indicative of a team's won-loss record (and they shouldn't be). An 8-8 Chargers team should be rated higher than a 9-7 Chicago team because of the talent they have on the team. It doesn't necessarily mean they would beat the Bears because talent level doesn't always dictate performance.

Point being......don't get too hung up on the team ratings. They are, for the most part, subjective ratings.
thank you.... and I agree with a lot of what you said

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
and there you go again just like someone who just wants to argue but doesn't want to be proven wrong so will just argue on and on, I like how you didn't address the flaws in your theory, and yes luck has won games plenty of times, ever hear of the "Music City Miracle" which was inches away from being a backwards lateral, "the catch" or simply titled "the play" from SB 42 were Eli just slipped out of the hands of around 3-5 patriots and chucked the ball downfield to their 5th WR who I don't think had more than 50 yards in that season, your telling me those plays were skill??? and luck had nothing to do with it?

You are trying to prove that the Panthers are better than the Cardinals, try not to stray too far away from the topic at hand. (Damm some people have short attention spans) You were saying that the Cardinals won soley because Jake Delhomme "choked". Now that we are up to speed, I will get straight to the point I have been making my in previous posts, minus the sarcasm. Football is a game based on reactions. The reason Jake Delhomme "choked" is because the Cardinals defense outplayed him and the Panthers offense. I am pretty sure that for an interception to be offically labeled an "interception" a player on the defense has to catch it. Jake Delhomme threw these interceptions (and therefore "choked") because the defense was in the right spot at the right time. The reason they were in the right spot at the right time is due to a combination of coaching and the PLAYER SKILL. If the Cardinals were not the better team, they would not have been able to pressure Jake Delhomme into throwing poor passes, and would not have been in the right spot to catch those poor passes. Does this help at all, or are you still not getting how wrong you are?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #44
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0NTSH0OTME
You are trying to prove that the Panthers are better than the Cardinals, try not to stray too far away from the topic at hand. (Damm some people have short attention spans) You were saying that the Cardinals won soley because Jake Delhomme "choked". Now that we are up to speed, I will get straight to the point I have been making my in previous posts, minus the sarcasm. Football is a game based on reactions. The reason Jake Delhomme "choked" is because the Cardinals defense outplayed him and the Panthers offense. I am pretty sure that for an interception to be offically labeled an "interception" a player on the defense has to catch it. Jake Delhomme threw these interceptions (and therefore "choked") because the defense was in the right spot at the right time. The reason they were in the right spot at the right time is due to a combination of coaching and the PLAYER SKILL. If the Cardinals were not the better team, they would not have been able to pressure Jake Delhomme into throwing poor passes, and would not have been in the right spot to catch those poor passes. Does this help at all, or are you still not getting how wrong you are?
So, if I go by your logic how do we determine which two teams are better if both teams have played each other twice in the same year and, have split the games 1-1? Please do not give me the "they won when it mattered" line? I would really like to know.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 17

Most people on here seem to think that team ratings are just numbers thrown out based on the performance the previous year. it is based on the PLAYERS on the team averaged together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 23

The Saints are pretty solid team so for them to be in the low 70's kinda makes me mad. Because teams like the Seahawks and Packers shouldn't be way over them, expectally asuming what their records were last season. It's ok though they'll be back on the 80's by the middle of the season. Championship!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

noone is more underrated than the Saints. 74? really??/ behind the Seahawks and Texans...really???..LOL....would be nice if the only NFL game available had an accurate representation of the talent each team has
Old 06-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 17

Saints have one elite player and that is Brees. they are not underrated.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »