Home

madden10 team rating what do u think?

This is a discussion on madden10 team rating what do u think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: madden10 team rating what do u think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
It seems like everyones fav team is underrated.
not mine...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0NTSH0OTME
Ok, let me make this clear. Games in the NFL are not won by what the other team did wrong, they are won by what your team did right. The Cardinals not only beat the Panthers, they kicked their asses. The reason the Cards won is because of what they did right, not because of what the Panthers did wrong. The Cardinals at 86 is the biggest sham of the ratings. I just don't think that losing the Super Bowl by a total of 4 points deserves having your team rated 6 points lower than the Super Bowl Champs.
I disagree i believe games can be lost by what a team did wrong and not always what the other team did right. An example would be the snap tony romo fumbled. No one on the other team did anything right to make him fumble that: he made a horrible mistake that cost his team the game. Jake Delhomme made mistake after mistake in the cardinals playoff game, but when he didnt make mistakes we beat the cardinals in the regular season. I think games can be won by the other team making mistakes.

And on a side note YES the panthers should be the 5th best team in the league! And should be rated equal if not better than the cardinals!

Last edited by the drewster; 06-08-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
See but what you guys don't seem to get is everything isn't won with skill because players will just screw up regardless of good coverage or not, I know that at least 2 of those INTS were meant to be thrown away but Delhomme didn't see the Cardinal players that were where he threw it and....bam INT...your saying Delhomme trying to throw it away and not being able to see that part of the field was skill on the Cards part? No it was not it was him choking and if they were to play 4 more times the Panthers would beat them those 4 times, this is all coming from someone who was rooting for the Cards every round...they are a good team but not better than the Panthers...
i agree with everything you said, i think the panthers would win 5 out of 5 times against the cardinals in a "normal game" but when delhomme chokes the panthers would probably lose. But if you look at the panthers season i remember him choking only twice in 17 games. The games were oakland and the cardinals. I think the panthers should be rated equal with the cardinals if not better.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster
i agree with everything you said, i think the panthers would win 5 out of 5 times against the cardinals in a "normal game" but when delhomme chokes the panthers would probably lose. But if you look at the panthers season i remember him choking only twice in 17 games. The games were oakland and the cardinals. I think the panthers should be rated equal with the cardinals if not better.
Ya I love the Cards don't get me wrong but I just don't think they are a better overall team I mean obviously their passing game is great but the Panthers run game is great,etc.,etc. and honestly I feel like last year was as I said earlier a "season of destiny" for the Cards, ya I know they lost the SB but they won the conference and for the Cards that is a great feat...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #69
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

The Saints at 74..give me a break.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Man I know that the bears didn't do to well last year, and I know we may not know who is going to be our WR, but come on 79? and I know the vikings won the division last year but it was by one damn win. We have defence, a QB, and RB. The vikings have a defence, a running back, and thats about it. I mean cutler a 87? huh??!?!?! someone is hating man.

-Walter Payton.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #71
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

You guys are all getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.

The ratings are down across the board. The average team rating this year is 78. Compare that with the averages the last two years at 84 and 81 respectively and it only makes sense that the ratings would be a bit lower. There are only two teams in the 90's this year as compared to 11 teams with a 90 or better rating in Madden '09 and 5 in Madden '08.

The rating point differential between the top team and the combined average of all teams is nearly the same as it has been the last few years.

We are looking at the same averages as year's past, just on a different scale.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You guys need to take a step back and look at what you are saying.

I could say the same thing about my Redskins. i mean we beat the Eagles both times last year. Split with Dallas and lost both games to the Giants. We beat the Cardinals,lost to the Steelers. Beat the Saints. We beat some really tough guys and didn't lose too much. But we gained, Fat Al, Orakpo. WE have Fletcher to lead our young LB Core with Rocky McIntosh in there as well. WE have Hall, Smoot and Rogers back there. Landry and a surprise of a player Horton. We have CP and Cooley. JC who threw what, 3 picks all of last year. Santana Moss who had an above average season. We also have some rookie WR's that look slightly above average as of now. Our 2nd year WR's look great too.

But when I take a step back, every other team besides the Pats and Cowboys also suffers from the same thing. If I was to go out and say the Redskins deserve the 88 they had last year because they gained some talent, I would be saying they are a top 5 team this year.

Now every team has their shot at the SB, but right now it is all speculation.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »