Home

Madden 10 Team Ratings from PastaPadre

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Team Ratings from PastaPadre within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:35 AM   #73
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 10 Team Ratings from PastaPadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
49ers 73

*shakes head*

its ok for now.......but I expect this number to get into the late 80's early 90's by half way through the season.
haha, I hope you are right! I do however feel that the 49ers will be in the 80's before the end of the season.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #74
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster
WOW, last time i checked the more talent you have as a team the better record you will have, or at least there HAS to be a strong correlation between the two. The chargers being an 88 is a freaking joke IMO. Panthers beat the chargers and the panthers get an 83???
yeah yeah, don't forget that Merriman weren't playing the entire season, and if you can't see the impact Merriman makes in a defense...well then keep on believing that the Panthers will make it to the superbowl this year

The Chargers are probably one of the few teams that will be able to stop the Patriots machine this year.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
WOW, last time i checked the more talent you have as a team the better record you will have, or at least there HAS to be a strong correlation between the two. The chargers being an 88 is a freaking joke IMO. Panthers beat the chargers and the panthers get an 83???
Sure, the more talent you have the better your team should perform. But it is clear that talent is not everything.

Games are not only determined by the amount of talent being on the field, but also by luck, referee decisions, injuries, teamwork, weather, etc.

I think it is pretty fair to say that the Chargers are among the top teams when it comes to pure player talent. Last year though, there happened to be a couple of reasons that made them a 8-8 team.

Merriman got injured, Gates had problems with his toe, LT wasn't as elusive as he used to be due to injury, Hardwick couldn't play, etc.. Then they start out against Carolina being beaten by a last second TD pass through 3 pairs of defender hands that easily could have been swapped. Then the next week they play the Broncos and lose because of weird non-functioning replay systems and the Hochuli call. A couple more games were lost by a very low margin in contrast to winning games by large numbers.

So all in all I think that the Chargers still deserve to be a highly rated team in Madden, because their talent is just huge. But in the end, games aren't only decided by talent, but also by a number of things that come into play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #76
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Where the heck did you check this at? 2 seasons ago the Cowboys had 13 pro-bowl players but didn't win a playoff game. Talent DOES NOT always equal wins. That's been proven in every sport time and time again. Injuries, chemistry problems, changes in gameplan/philosophy often override talent.

The Chargers, although they went 8-8, have what, a QB in the high 80s, a RB in the 90s, a backup RB in the 80s, a TE in the 90s, O-Linemen in the high 80s, 90s, a defensive line in the 80s-90s, Linebackers in the 80s-90s, a couple corners in the 80s, etc.

A team like the Panthers does not match up overall position for position against the Chargers according to ratings.

So I wish people would stop using the frickin "well our team was x-x last season! We deserve to be ___" Yea, maybe at the end of the season. And that's just a maybe. You've gotta factor in the off-season, additions and subtractions, improvements and declines in performance, the draft, etc.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Where the heck did you check this at? 2 seasons ago the Cowboys had 13 pro-bowl players but didn't win a playoff game. Talent DOES NOT always equal wins. That's been proven in every sport time and time again. Injuries, chemistry problems, changes in gameplan/philosophy often override talent.

The Chargers, although they went 8-8, have what, a QB in the high 80s, a RB in the 90s, a backup RB in the 80s, a TE in the 90s, O-Linemen in the high 80s, 90s, a defensive line in the 80s-90s, Linebackers in the 80s-90s, a couple corners in the 80s, etc.

A team like the Panthers does not match up overall position for position against the Chargers according to ratings.

So I wish people would stop using the frickin "well our team was x-x last season! We deserve to be ___" Yea, maybe at the end of the season. And that's just a maybe. You've gotta factor in the off-season, additions and subtractions, improvements and declines in performance, the draft, etc.
So in real life all the players have ratings??? im saying they have all this "potential talent" that im not seeing and the chargers players shouldnt have an rb in the 90's and d line in the 80's and 90's and so on. People make them out as having talent that never shows! you cant blame it on injuries, or chemistry 9 out of 10 times the MOST TALENTED TEAM WINS. In conclusion, the panthers beat the chargers so they should be rated closer to the chargers than 5 freakin points away! thats ridiculous.

A side note, some pro bowlers are just in the pro bowl because the fans like them, not always the most talented players. an example would be deangelo williams who is rated a 94 in madden and didnt make the pro bowl.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #78
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

honestly, i'm surprised dallas made the top ten.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I don't think the Ravens are the 3rd best team in the league. 82 is fine.
I never said we were the 3rd best team, I said being behind the Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles is a joke. We shouldn't be considerably lower than the Titans or Steelers. That's not me demanding being ranked higher than those teams, but we're evenly matched with them.

We made it to the AFC Championship game with a rookie QB, we have a lights out D and a really good young O-line. And we're not even in the top 10. Our team's usually overlooked anyway, nothing new here. People can come in with the perceived talent argument, good luck finding 10 teams with more talent all around as starters and in terms of depth.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Should be fun working my Niners back to greatness .. lots of work needs to be done ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »