Home

Quick update on press/release issue

This is a discussion on Quick update on press/release issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Quick update on press/release issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlee
Why was all of the bugs/glitches not picked up in play testing.
why be negative? Be happy and excited that these issues can and are still being tweaked on. No need to beat a dead horse ..

If you all know whats involved in coding a videogame..fine but if you dont..i wouldnt be getting all uptight about why some of these issues are just now being found...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #50
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
I am gonna say on Man Cover 2 Press Receiver should "Never" be given an inside release against a CB like Asomugha, I don't care what route he wants. The CB should do everything possible to force him outside.
Considering Cover 2 is designed to funnel everything inside, I must say I wholeheartedly disagree.

At any rate, Asomugha is a great corner... the best since Deion, no doubt. Also probably the best press corner since Woodson, but he's not God. He gave up 9 receptions last season... that doesn't mean he was only beaten 9 times. He gets beat. He makes mistakes. Yes, given enough chances, Ted Ginn will beat him now and then.

People seem to want him to be Robocop or something. He's good... the best in the league right now without question. But he's not perfect.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It's almost as if the WR's route determines the DB, when coverage and field position should also play a roll in what the CB does. We already talked about man cover 2. Let's talk about another scenario. Cover 0, boundary side CB. He should not be giving up the inside at all, regardless of the route. This is where the individual position and telling corners how to play would really be beneficial. But hopefully that's on the burner for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Considering Cover 2 is designed to funnel everything inside, I must say I wholeheartedly disagree.

At any rate, Asomugha is a great corner... the best since Deion, no doubt. Also probably the best press corner since Woodson, but he's not God. He gave up 9 receptions last season... that doesn't mean he was only beaten 9 times. He gets beat. He makes mistakes. Yes, given enough chances, Ted Ginn will beat him now and then.

People seem to want him to be Robocop or something. He's good... the best in the league right now without question. But he's not perfect.
But doesn't this depend on how you coach it though? When we ran cover 2 we wanted our CB's in the trail on the inside hip with the Safety's playing from the half to the sideline. Albeit, we didn't run it that much, but when we did that's what we wanted out of our guys.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #53
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yeah but the Bears suck!

Anyway, we're looking at it. I had never seen that before the gamespot demo, so I had a bit of terror take over when it happened live.
Damn right!!! haha
Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

They need Robocop. He's the best thing to happen in that organization. That franchise is going nowhere for another decade anyway.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #55
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsEA
The end result is this:

Asamougha 1.0/3.67 ( 27% chance of win )
Neutral 2.0/3.67 chance of win (.54 chance of neutral)
Ginn .67/3.67 chance of win (Ginn 18% chance of win)
I have a quick question here. In this case, you have an elite player against an average player, and the elite player only has a 9% edge in terms of win probability. Almost all of the distribution for this interaction lies in the "neutral" category. Doesn't this mean, in effect, that you won't see very large differences between players, even if there are substantive differences in player skills? In this particular interaction, you're counting the "neutral" outcome as a win for the defense, but I could imagine scenarios where the opposite is true. Furthermore, isn't part of the point of elite players that they dominate? Based on the mathematical formula that you've presented here, it would appear that there would only be significant differences between players if you move all the way from one end of the scale to the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I agree with this as well. On a streak and the defense is in man cover 2, you don't give up the inside, you force him outside. That's where your help is gonna be deep. This is also where the jostling and hip riding comes into play. Ideally you want the CB to trail man on the inside hip of the WR on a streak and the Safety is gonna play it over the top.
Agreed....I always thought the CBs wanted to maintain the inside position not only to secure help over the top but to also use the sidelines as an extra defender.

You would never want your containment to funnel the WR into open space and give the QB an easier throw...you would want to make that throw as hard as possible. For YEARS it has bugged me how the deep corner routes in Madden were often times one of the easier throws in the game (recent years that has been obscured by things like RC'ing)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »