Home

Will we be able to see a true 3-4 defense this year???

This is a discussion on Will we be able to see a true 3-4 defense this year??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Will we be able to see a true 3-4 defense this year???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I plan to run a 34 so double-teaming would be nice.

I imagine the problems the programmers run into are a.) which players command a double team and what rating would be used for this b.) how does the user command his interior lineman to double and when. Does the CPU just do it automatically if a player meets a certain ratings criteria? c.) what if the user doesn't want to block a certain player at a particular moment?

Something has gotta be done though because in Madden, the 3-4 has never worked the way it should.
Double teams are determined by alignment. A "double team" begins with 2 people blocking one, but once the block is secured one of them leave to find a LB.

A good defensive tackle makes it harder to secure the block, thus freeing up the LB because one of those lineman can't leave. However, the original decision to double team a player is based on that players alignment.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I've seen doubles in quite a few vids from E3. The only problem with reference to your question is the defense was in 4-3 not 3-4.

Also let's be clear with how often we think a guy should be doubled. Guys don't get doubled every play. Also I think this would be different if the DLine fired into gaps. Let me revisit the 4-3 Double teams that I saw. I saw a couple in the Seahawks vs Skins vids on Pasta Padre's site. But if you look at it, the double happens because the DT is lined up in the gap. And this to me is how it is going to work. It would also be nice if they did it like 2k did it. You could have the NT lined up head up Center and call gap right and the NT would fire down to the right A gap. The Center would block one shoulder and the Guard would pick up the other. I'm not sure our Dline is gonna have that kinda movement against the run I hope it does or we will not have anything that mimics run fits and that will be a travesty.
Good post. While it isn't EVERY play, some NT's and DT's are basically doubled as much as possible. It's a thing that should be dictated by the matchup, not the play chosen. Albert on a weaker interior should mean double or a crap load of trouble.

I just think it would be incredibly cool to acquire an elite DT and see the effect it has on my D. Madden has never showcased player effectiveness well when it doesn't involve carrying the ball or tackling the ball carrier. Having a guy consistently plugging the middle would be a first in that sense.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Yeah double teaming would be nice. I was shown some double teams in a 3-3 Nickel I believe but I don't know how effective the 3-4 will be. I'm also curious to know about DE being converted to OLB in 3-4. Adembroski showed me the double team but there is no word on consistent double teaming and DE converts
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »