Home

Roy E Williams an 84??

This is a discussion on Roy E Williams an 84?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Roy E Williams an 84??

I'm sorry, but if MeAngelo Hall gets a rating in the 60s, so does roy e williams. Williams has had ONE 1000 yards season in his career, which can be seen as his peak season. He's an injury prone, underrecieving reciever who lives off his reputation of being a top 10 pick from the U of Texas.

According to KC Joyner(legit ESPN football stat guy), Williams was one of the WORST 5 starting recievers last year. But, of course you didnt need him to tell you that, right? Dont give me that "he had to learn the system" crap. When you give up a 1st+more picks, you expect the player to contribute right away.

Its beyond me how eddie royal and desean jackson, the two top recievers from last year's draft, only have an 82 and 81, respectively, when roy williams has an 84. both their seasons were just as good as roy williams' 2nd or 3rd best seasons, and they were rookies.

http://www.nfl.com/players/roywillia...e?id=WIL511864

copying the stats isnt working for me(?) so Ill just post his carrer stats.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Roy E Williams an 84??

Never been a fan of the guy myself. I think "potential" is still carrying him. He was in a bad situation in Detroit and in Dallas there wasn't enough opportunities. However this year with T.O. gone, if he throws up another dud he should take a major hit in the ratings.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

If you insist on posting a thread that will get locked because its a complaint with ratings...At least get the facts right. D Hall is no longer a 60something. They bumped him up to a 79.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 06-09-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

DHALL is 79.

Antonio Cromartie. The dead last worst starting corner in 2008 got an overall of 84. Cromartie got burned by half a mile more than Quenten Jammer.

Jason David, who outplayed Cromartie to a ridiculous extent got an overall of 50.

Ratings were good across the board. But some are real headscratchers. Most rookies are rated higher than veteran backups.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Yeah it seems like there was a lot of community push back on the stretched out ratings so many were changed. I had no problem with D. Halls 60 if they were going to lower the overall and stretch raitings out. But it seems like EA has backed off that given the uproar. To bad IMO I liked where things were going, and yeah I don't know about Cro's rating but with "lights-out" coming back he could see a career revival.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...illennium.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »