Home

Madden Anti Trust Lawsuit To Move Foward

This is a discussion on Madden Anti Trust Lawsuit To Move Foward within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden Anti Trust Lawsuit To Move Foward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Though the OS community has not been pleased with Next Gen football, Reviews have been steadily improving, as with sales with the exception of Madden 09. One year where sales and reviews go down slightly is not a huge deal for annual titles like madden. And by the time this case is heard in court, Madden 10 will undoubtedly have better reviews along with sales.

I will use the xbox 360 as an example, Metacritic.com and VGchartz.com:

Madden 06- Metascore:74, Units sold: .67 (out of 1 million)
Madden 07- Metascore:80, Units Sold: 1.90
Madden 08- Metascore:85, Units sold: 2.41
Madden 09- Metascore:84, Units sold: 2.30
It's not really accurate to look only at 360 sales. If you look at total sales, including PS2, Madden's sales have been on the decline for 3 straight years. I'm posting from my iPhone...otherwise I'd provide the links to vgchartz.

Declining sales is why ortiz was finally bounced and an all-new team was brought in this year. No amount of EA spin will convince me otherwise.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #58
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Declining sales is why ortiz was finally bounced and an all-new team was brought in this year. No amount of EA spin will convince me otherwise.
who made that call?

peter moore
Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
06 and 07 werent but I didnt lime many of the first next gen games. I liked 08 and 09.
did you buy 06 and 07?

if so, why did you?.... why did you buy 07? if 06 wasn't really worth $60.

I bought 07 and I liked it after a while.... I didn't like 08 and I didn't like 09...but I bought them anyway......why......because I needed my NFL fix and I had no other choice for authentic NFL football but Madden..... So I wonder if those who are "not members of Operations Sports"...well, I wonder if they felt cheated by those offerings as well.......and if they bought the next year's version for the same reason I did.....and maybe the same reason you did....

IMO, that is one of the reasons I don't really put too much into sales...as far as if the public enjoys the game or not...because I feel that for most who LOVE NFL football to Death, that they will still buy Madden just because it is the only authentic NFL Football game out there.

Last edited by Afrikan; 06-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #60
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

You guys don't think EA or the NFL will actually lose this, do you?

As much as we may not like it, the NFL has every right to dictate who can use their image.

No one is being stopped from making football video games.

It's not like an unlicensed game isn't capable of selling well in the sports video game world. Just look at the Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer series.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #61
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

This is great news. Competition breeds better products at lower prices for the consumers. NFL gaming was far better off when there was competition between companies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Let's hope EA goes bankrupt from all these potential lawsuits and be forced out of the video game market. Once that happens, they have to surrender the license and the NFL will take it to another high bidder.

Yeah, that's the ticket, another gaming company goes out of business and decreases competition and back to square 1.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #63
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
It's not really accurate to look only at 360 sales. If you look at total sales, including PS2, Madden's sales have been on the decline for 3 straight years. I'm posting from my iPhone...otherwise I'd provide the links to vgchartz.

Actually Madden sales Increased regularly with the exception of Madden 07 which actually sold phenomenally(outsold all 2K sport games by nearly a 3-1 Margin). So David Ortiz def. was not released due to bad sales, Madden Sales have been very consistent if not great. Hell, Even Madden 09 outsold all 2k sport games(Combined) by a margin of over 5 Million units.

I think it is safe to say that Madden Sales this year will rival 2007 which sold over 9 million Units.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #64
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
This is great news. Competition breeds better products at lower prices for the consumers. NFL gaming was far better off when there was competition between companies.
As much as I hate the exclusive license deal,EA is not just to blame for this. The NFL hands out exclusive deals in everything.It's why we have no shoe brand choice when we edit our players. They had their share of blame too. It's no surprise the NFL cares nothing about us the fans;they aren't called the No Fun League for nothing.This exclusive license has hurt the consumers of video game football. We've had to deal with lackluster Maddens every since the new crop of consoles have came.
EA being the only game in town has brought a hailstorm of criticism I don't think even they could have forseen.I miss the days of choice.I had Madden,2k, Sony's Gameday,NFL Fever,all of them. what one didn't have,the other did. Competition breeds good results. Look at the basketball games. 2k has dominated but EA has stepped up with ground breaking things to make it competitive.MLB The Show has stolen MLB 2k baseball's luster with its great games. Imagine how far along we'd be in the process if EA had someone to push them. And secretly they have,because the ghost of 2k5 haunts EA's every move.
Bottom line is I hope the gamers win this case and the license is no longer exclusive.I guarantee you it would be better for the people it should be meant to be better for: US!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »