Home

THE Ultimate Madden Debate...

This is a discussion on THE Ultimate Madden Debate... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: THE Ultimate Madden Debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Here's the catch though... do you think it should be just as easy to win with the Lions as it is with the Giants or Patriots? Don't you think the Lions should have to call a better game, maybe catch a break or 2 to win decidedly? I think so.

What's the fun in having every team "good"? We may as well not even have ratings then. We can all just play with different jerseys and pretend we're all good.
no i dont think it should be easy but i can also ask the other way around. should it be easy to beat the lions just because they had a VERY BAD SEASON? should teams just run 200 yards or pass 300 yards, get 5 ints constantly or sack 20 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Every team online will be used online no matter what. It only according to the people who are true to there teams. But with online franchise mode now. If you can get a 32 team league going. Every team will be used.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Every team online will be used online no matter what. It only according to the people who are true to there teams. But with online franchise mode now. If you can get a 32 team league going. Every team will be used.

Sorry, that's not gonna happen in most leagues. Good luck finding 32 owners with each one rooting for a different team and be sim ballers. There are just some teams that are more popular than others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
no i dont think it should be easy but i can also ask the other way around. should it be easy to beat the lions just because they had a VERY BAD SEASON? should teams just run 200 yards or pass 300 yards, get 5 ints constantly or sack 20 times.
It should be easier to beat the Lions than 3/4 of the NFL in my opinion. Of course, this isn't factoring user skill and playcalling. I'm talking about equal skilled users. The Lions went winless last season! I mean really, I want it to be harder to pull off a win using them. That being said, they still have tools to win. They have some talent that could go off and have a huge game, but with a real good matchup (Maybe the Packers pressing Calvin Johnson all game) they'd be in a tough place.

I guess in the end that's what I really want: A game that comes down to matchups - strengths/weaknesses. The Lions will just have more weaknesses than strengths... but they still will have their strengths. Because of the parity it will be a delicate balance, but that balance should be there.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I follow the same way of thinking as the cdon2k and Creatine. I've always wanted the teams to play like their real life counterparts. I want to play against a very good Raven's D. I want the NY Giants to run the ball down my throat. Even being a Niner fan, I want the Niners to have a pretty inept passing game... especially when compared to the Colts. I want to feel the differences between each team when I'm playing as them or against them. I want teams to play to their strenghts and I want the CPU to call plays like their counterparts too. It is very, very boring to have all these teams play so similarly. This is what I loved about NCAA on LG. There were so many different teams and styles of play, and for the most part, the teams played similar to their real life counterparts... and this is what I feel is missing in the CG versions of Madden and NCAA.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982

Simple answer: did the team I am playing against have a bad pass defense? If the answer is yes then I should be able to pass for 300 yards if I am good. Every team has strengths and weaknesses, even the good ones and the game should reflect that.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
Banned

well the lions arent bad offensively so they should be able to score even against great teams. its there defense that was the problem so they should give up TD but i dont want weak teams in madden to be at a point to where they CANT beat anyone good teams period cause that not realistic.

lions had a bad season but they had the oppurtunity to win at least 3 games but bad decision was made in IRL and its madden and consumer job to make sure that we make good decision
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #16
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

For me the answer is simple in that I want the teams represented like they are currently in the NFL. What would be the point in playing if that was not the case? I run with the Bears and I am glad to see that they have low rated WRs because it gives me something to do as the GM. I play multiple franchise years and the Bears will not be the same team they are today when I am through with them. The Lions will start weak but maybe in year six of my franchise they will be a power house through FA, trades and drafts, that is if the CPU AI is up to it.

Definitely give me the teams as they are today in the NFL and then let the league evolve as I progress through the franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »