Home

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

I am commish of a 32 player PS3 league and we plan to finish at least 2 Seasons (maybe 3) with the Madden2010 Online-Franchise. To play 10 seasons with so many guys is impossible as we all have a life outside the Madden-Cosmos.

In Madden09 we use to play one game a week while a game lasts 90-120 Minutes. Actually we play 10 Minute Quarters on Madden09 to have such a long chess-match (including a 5min Halftimeshow).

The options we get with Madden2010 Online-Franchise are fantastic, even without a salary-cap or player contracts (a well organized league can get arround that). When the commish gets the right tools to accomplish a 32 ppl Franchise over a whole season (incl. the offseason) it will be like heaven for us comparing of what we got from EA on Madden09.

One of the tools I am still missing for Online-Franchise is the option to simulate games. For example because there is a disconnect in a league game or a coach isn't able to play for any reason.

Last edited by Bonee70; 06-09-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Still waiting on that follow-up offline franchise blog that was promised.
That's where the bread & butter is at for most folks.
yea me 2
Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #59
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
Sounds fun, but I'm all for the offline portion of franchise and would rather be hearing about those specifics.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #60
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'm not trying to jack this thread or be a negative guy, but anytime the community asks about something a lot and it keeps getting pushed to the back, it's never a good sign.

I'm talking about Offline Franchise mode ofcourse. Think last year, when they held out on us about the sliders being taken out until very late in the process. I think us offline guys are going to have to prepare ourselves for some letdowns again.

I'm sure the team made a ton of improvements to the mode this year, so I'm not knocking anybody on the dev team here. What I am saying is that no news is usually bad news. See also: Teambuilder Rosters in NCAA 10.

I believe we'll get a lot of the things we wanted to offline franchise, but not everything and probably not as much as we all expect. They are working off of a horrid foundation to be fair to the franchise team. The mode in next-gen has been appalling. Not even worth playing.

So considering they are trying to work from a worthless foundation, I'll try to give the team the credit they are due when they start talking about offline franchise. I'll try to not let the things that don't make it in not overshadow the improvements.

I'll try.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #61
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
I submitted similar questions and they didn't make the cut which leads me to believe that nothing is in place for this or the web interface is still being worked out. I can honestly say working in the web site industry with the time they have left all of that could be put in place and it wouldn't even effect the core teams time. It depends how good their web team is and what type or priority it is.

My issue is I have been working on my own site. I dont want to spend the next 2 months building my own thing and have it available via madden.

I am assuming what they will have is essentially useless other than adjusting depth charts and viewing stats, I mean they arent talking about it.

In order to keep the league running, I need dynamic content to keep owners involved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Still waiting on that follow-up offline franchise blog that was promised.
That's where the bread & butter is at for most folks.

This.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #63
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm not trying to jack this thread or be a negative guy, but anytime the community asks about something a lot and it keeps getting pushed to the back, it's never a good sign.

I'm talking about Offline Franchise mode ofcourse. Think last year, when they held out on us about the sliders being taken out until very late in the process. I think us offline guys are going to have to prepare ourselves for some letdowns again.

I'm sure the team made a ton of improvements to the mode this year, so I'm not knocking anybody on the dev team here. What I am saying is that no news is usually bad news. See also: Teambuilder Rosters in NCAA 10.

I believe we'll get a lot of the things we wanted to offline franchise, but not everything and probably not as much as we all expect. They are working off of a horrid foundation to be fair to the franchise team. The mode in next-gen has been appalling. Not even worth playing.

So considering they are trying to work from a worthless foundation, I'll try to give the team the credit they are due when they start talking about offline franchise. I'll try to not let the things that don't make it in not overshadow the improvements.

I'll try.
Great post dude! I'm starting to get that same feeling too. I'm a big offline franchise guy, and the lack of information as of late about the mode is starting to worry me.

I know they are working hard on the BIG feature (Online Franchise) and that's generating a lot of hype, but the lack of info is beginning to remind me a lot of last year as you mentioned. Regardless, the game has made some huge strides, and the improvements made to offline franchise make it significantly better than last year's game. So we'll just have to sit tight, and wait for some more info in the upcoming weeks.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 9

Im sure this is a dumb question and has prob been answered somewhere, but i noticed we wont be able to edit players in our online franchise, but what about our OFFline franchise? We can still edit players right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »