Home

Maxed Out???

This is a discussion on Maxed Out??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Maxed Out???

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea...60-but-not-ps3

Hey, I just got through reading this article, and I am not surprised at all. I knew at some point this would happen.

But, this isn't an 360/PS3 Bash thread. I came up with an idea.

You guys know how EA Sports has the ALL-PLAY brand that's exclusive for the Wii? Well, what if they did the same thing for the PS3? And, I don't mean give it a cartoony look either.

What I mean is using the Cell Processor and Blu-Ray to it's fullest capability when making their sports games, and giving the PS3 it's own brand. ALL the games in this brand would be top of the line, uber-realistic, and tailored for hardcore gamers. I even have a name for it:

EA Sports HARDCORE

And NOBODY try and steal that name!

It's just an idea, but a very serious one. Just imagine how Madden NFL 11 or 12 would look if they did this.

I need AS MUCH feedback as possible, as I'm gonna go to EA with this. Sound off, don't hold nothing back!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Maxed Out???

All I have to say is I don't want any multiplatform game better on the PS3 than the 360 because I only have a 360. I think it would be unfair for us 360 only gamers if they maxed out the PS3 to the fullest.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
All I have to say is I don't want any multiplatform game better on the PS3 than the 360 because I only have a 360. I think it would be unfair for us 360 only gamers if they maxed out the PS3 to the fullest.
If they do max it out, then it would be kind of Microsoft's fault for going with HD-DVD & DVD-9 instead of Blu-Ray.

And it wouldn't be unfair. The PS3 is gonna have a price drop of $100.00 in August, right before Madden NFL 10 comes out. Just buy a PS3 then...
Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

FYI, a VP of EA Europe said this.

But anyways they are just saying this to hype their game(s) more than likely. I remember hearing the same thing 2 years ago from another company.

The 360 isn't maxed out. There's still a lot amazing games that will be coming out in the future.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This is gonna get locked.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This is gonna get locked.
How?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Unfair? What an odd way to put it. Unfortunate maybe, but if you or anybody else would be that concerned over the issue, it's easily corrected.

I would love to see EA take advantage of all the PS3 can do while making a toned down version for the 360. I don't think it would ever happen though. It didn't happen last gen when the PS2 was the technologically inferior system for the same reason it won't this time, # of owners on each and 360 is well in the lead on that front. It's too bad, but the system that typically comes out first over the past couple of generations becomes the "lead" console even when a later released version typically trumps it in the performance department.

It would be an interesting case study and testament to the power of Madden to see if an upgraded PS3 version would push systems or not. Surely if Sony thought this was plausible they could throw some $ EA's way for a better exclusive version.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

If you make It for one make it for both!

BOTH, BOTH, BOTH
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »