Home

Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

This is a discussion on Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #49
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Not to say that tiered defensive play calling is not necessary, but I just don't think that what's being discussed will be nearly enough incentive to implement it. When the devs are talking about how they would have re-write everything to get this into the game, I just don't think the time will be invested into something that the majority of the masses will click right through. Myself as example, though I'm an avid 2K5 player, it wasn't until recently that I started taking the time to mix up my fronts, stunts, and what have you. Years ago, I like many of the masses, immediately clicked A (or X) for the base front and selected my play accordingly.

We'll disagree here obviously but if they have to re-write mass code in the way that Ian has implied in the past, I'm not sure I want the dev time spent on the implementation of this.
Yeah, this is pretty much where I am at with my football knowledge. Most of what I know, I learned from Madden. I really can't grasp what's going on with dline stunts and twists, so I've learned to concentrate on adjustments in the secondary. I would love to have tiered defense calls so I learn what different things do eventually, but right now I'd be happy with man lock and shading so I can at least buy my d-line more time even if I don't know what they are doing.

I can't see how it would take a total rewrite of the code to position a db on the inside/outside shoulder or lock guys in place when players go in motion, but what do I know about programming.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #50
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
Correct me if Im wrong(I hope I am) but you are talking about man assignments where you can assign one corner to a cetain WR all game. This is something different that lets you "freeze" your entire d to stop people from sniffing out man coverage.
i don't remember that ever being in madden if so what version . i don't really think shading will tell if its man or not he just following that reciever on the field if he's in zone he'll still line up on that guy he just won't follow him fully through his route.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

i'm personally hoping that a man lock patch will be coming soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 13

Man, this was the best thread I have ever read on here.

love the tiered playcalling idea,

and I so badly miss the last gen defensive adjustments, from cov audibles like the shading, to the bumb and run a specific reciever or play off one specific reciever, and just the old D Playmaker system where you did not have to get the guy, hit x and then remember which stick to move which direction, you just selected the guy and moved the R-stick up the appropriate direction the appropriate number of times so much less complicated, wish we had "smart zones" too!!!

I still say a custom playbook with all the options would work alleviate some issues, but they got put the ability to create stunts, twists and such into the editor!!! Plus they would have to give you the LB angled blitzes, delay blitzes, QB contain, all that stuff would have to be in there! PLUS THE OLD DEFENSIVE AUDIBLE/PLAYMAKER SYSTEM and just maybe D would be fun again!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
Guys,
I fully realize that I have stressed this point multiple times on here the past couple months, but for the love of God, its THAT important!!!!

I have heard from multiple sources that the option for man lock on/off is not in Madden 10. That means another year of watching bums motion guys EVERY play to read man or zone pre snap. Some will say that you can audible to throw them off, but why should we have to resort to THAT when a much better alternative has already been used on ps2? Without it again this year, we will see man coverage get abused because it is IMPOSSIBLE to disguise it.

Ian Cummings, PLEASE...give the defense in Madden a fighting chance. Give us back ps2 style man lock or something better.
Sim madden won't exist until the ratings(other than speed, agility and acceleration) actually mean something.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Sim madden won't exist until the ratings(other than speed, agility and acceleration) actually mean something.
This!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »