Home

Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

This is a discussion on Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

Guys,
I fully realize that I have stressed this point multiple times on here the past couple months, but for the love of God, its THAT important!!!!

I have heard from multiple sources that the option for man lock on/off is not in Madden 10. That means another year of watching bums motion guys EVERY play to read man or zone pre snap. Some will say that you can audible to throw them off, but why should we have to resort to THAT when a much better alternative has already been used on ps2? Without it again this year, we will see man coverage get abused because it is IMPOSSIBLE to disguise it.

Ian Cummings, PLEASE...give the defense in Madden a fighting chance. Give us back ps2 style man lock or something better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

Isn't that why in the real NFL teams put players in motion? One reason is to try and find mismatches, but another is to read zone/man. Peyton Manning doesnt wander up to the line and have no idea what the D is running. They gameplan, watch tape, and put men in motion to help tip them off.

I get your point, but its not completely unrealistic.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

That's part of the game. Offenses read defenses all the time. It's a chess game. Watch Peyton Manning. He's knows what the Defense is going to do..........before they do.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
Guys,
I fully realize that I have stressed this point multiple times on here the past couple months, but for the love of God, its THAT important!!!!

I have heard from multiple sources that the option for man lock on/off is not in Madden 10. That means another year of watching bums motion guys EVERY play to read man or zone pre snap. Some will say that you can audible to throw them off, but why should we have to resort to THAT when a much better alternative has already been used on ps2? Without it again this year, we will see man coverage get abused because it is IMPOSSIBLE to disguise it.

Ian Cummings, PLEASE...give the defense in Madden a fighting chance. Give us back ps2 style man lock or something better.
I totally agree. He is trying to create a sim style game but missed this. It is something we'll just have to constantly mention to Ian. Scream it loud for Madden 11!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
That's part of the game. Offenses read defenses all the time. It's a chess game. Watch Peyton Manning. He's knows what the Defense is going to do..........before they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Isn't that why in the real NFL teams put players in motion? One reason is to try and find mismatches, but another is to read zone/man. Peyton Manning doesnt wander up to the line and have no idea what the D is running. They gameplan, watch tape, and put men in motion to help tip them off.

I get your point, but its not completely unrealistic.
Sorta, this is determined pre-snap. It is a way to disguise man and zone and it is 100% realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I agree with the OP. How this has been left out once again is beyond me. People say the offense puts people in motion to read the defense, but for god's sake don't make the defense a "Dick and Jane" book. Man lock just adds to the chess game. The defense hides its coverage but the wr in motion may end up getting passed off into a mismatch. That's the strategy part. If you see Randy Moss in motion you have to weigh risk/reward. The reward of man lock is you've hidden your man coverage but now Randy Moss has just been passed over to your number 3 db or an lb.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

This is the FIFTH iteration of Madden on the XB360.

After 2006, we screamed for the return of ALL missing features...

After 2007, we screamed for the return of ALL missing features...

After 2008, we screamed for the return of ALL missing features...

After 2009, we screamed for the return of ALL missing features...

At this point, I give up...its very clear that anything that has been requested 5 previous times - with no success or resolution -has a 0% chance of returning to the game...personally, I LOVED the HFA in NCAA when the screen would shake and the much maligned QB Vision Cone...but those too are gone forever...

C'est la vie...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7
Talking Re: Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

If man coverage would work for once then I don't think this would be a problem. Ian, please please fix Man coverage it's a huge advantage to the offense when you can only run zone. I have a feeling Outs,curls, drag, and crossing routes will kill man off once again.

Having no man D is really a game killer for me and takes away strategy. It should be like a chess match but if zone D is the only thing working it would be like I know my opponents every move before he does it. In the nfl the qb's have a small window, but in madden you see wr's leaving corners in the dust.

Hopefully in the last weeks of tuning the madden team can make this game fun to play, yea it looks good but if broken things from last year like man is still in the game I would see madden as another NCAA 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »