Home

PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #49
Rookie

Bender18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
Lol the PS2 LOST!!!!! WTF are you talking about I dont feel like looking up the sales figures ATM but I do know that the PS2 is the best selling console of all time(off the top of my head I believe it has sold around 125-126 million units in its lifetime). As a matter of fact this year alone there have been months where the 9 year old system outsold the current gen 360. Im sorry but anyone thinking Sony is losing this gen or lost last gen is delusional.....Sony's console didn't come out till a year after the 360 did meaning that the 360 had almost a full 365 days to sell consoles before the PS3 even hit store shelves. A quick check at NPD sales for 2005 and 2006 shows that the 360 sold roughly 5 million units before the PS3 came out. A look at the NPD sales now shows that the 360 is roughly 8 million units ahead of the PS3 and thats with all of the AAA titles for the 360 already being out. A ton of heavy hitters for the PS3 are still to come ie. Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, the first PS3 iteration of Final Fantasy as well as Final Fantasy Online, the just announced Rockstar North exclusive The Agent etc etc. Also add in the fact that the PS3 is nowhere near full potential yet, just look at games like the first Uncharted compared to Killzone 2 and Uncharted Among Thieves the games are only going to get better in every aspect where the 360 games are going to have marginal improvements graphically and physics related at best. Oh and to the ludicrous comment about the Dreamcast beating out the PS2, the PS2 is the reason that Sega is focusing on making Sonic at the olympics games instead of still making consoles. Rest assured this console gen is far from over and with the hardware inside the PS3 it easily is capable of outputting the best games on the market for some time to come.
You got it exactly right. The PS3 is full of potential. As Sony has stated in its press releases before, it makes its systems to have a really long life cycle. Coupling this with the fact that the hardware itself is really well built, you have yourself an amazing system.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 36

I don't get how people get RRD. I haven't not gotten it since I bought my first 360(knock on wood). I don't think I will get it anytime soon.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had my 60GB PS3 since launch .. so no concern to me ..

Plus I'm sure BOTH games on BOTH systems run the same .. so it doesn't matter what console you get it for ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
I am really suprised people haven't been more excited for MAG which is a PS3 exclusive...256 person online play!!! I am super excited for it
+1. The ps3 has great exclusives. Even after the 360 stole ff13 and mgs (yeah im still bitchin about it). Gow3 is gonna be great no doubt. Just look at its history, duh. MAG is gonna be shweet. ffvs13 should be better than ff13 and ff14 looks promising too. i wish they'd make another heavenly sword. MGS4 was a great effin game too, and i'm not even a mgs fan. I just wish they'd get home up to where it needs to be and stop all of that damn loading time $#!^. If they did that and allowed actual talking ability in it instead of texting. and if they made it a seamless experience with online gaming it'd punish the 360's live...... "If."

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »