Home

Please implement Salary Cap and Contracts in Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Please implement Salary Cap and Contracts in Online Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Please implement Salary Cap and Contracts in Online Franchise

The community will let you know, right here right now. We need this to be at the top of the list. This is the big one, that we need for online franchise. We know your working hard, to make the game right. But do your best, to get this in.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Please implement Salary Cap and Contracts in Online Franchise

how could they not have this in online franchise? it's probably one of the most crucial things in a franchise.....brb signing a free agent for 130 million

it takes a ton of strategy and work out of the franchise
Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I hate when people who understand NOTHING about a development process think that it is easy to transfer something from offline to online. It is not that easy. IT will not happen when the game is released. Deal with it. It had to be descoped to either a patch or Madden11.

At least he is not lying to us like others.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
I hate when people who understand NOTHING about a development process think that it is easy to transfer something from offline to online. It is not that easy. IT will not happen when the game is released. Deal with it. It had to be descoped to either a patch or Madden11.

At least he is not lying to us like others.
Technically, it wouldn't have to be "patched". Since the Online Franchise is server-based, it would simply take a server update to implement these changes. I agree with the OP. This is a critical update that should be at the top of the priority list (once the game goes gold).
Old 06-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
The community will let you know, right here right now. We need this to be at the top of the list. This is the big one, that we need for online franchise. We know your working hard, to make the game right. But do your best, to get this in.

Thanks
I take it that you missed that part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Technically, it wouldn't have to be "patched". Since the Online Franchise is server-based, it would simply take a server update to implement these changes. I agree with the OP. This is a critical update that should be at the top of the priority list (once the game goes gold).
I wonder if the architecture allows for these features to be added without a client side change. Prioritization determines what gets in and with online franchise salary cap (possibly due to maybe an architecture change) it is not that easy to add.

There was a reason it had to be descoped and I think Donny went over it.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 06-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
Pro

please with your sim focus add salary cap and contracts. I know it's not easy but please put this at the top of the list

Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah, never said it would be easy to implement, just that it should be a priority. Really the biggest priority should be contracts. With contracts it would be much easier to enforce a salary cap. As for trades...well you can just have the league vote on those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »