Home

maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3

This is a discussion on maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3

LOL, The guy played a e3 build 2 months before release and hes saying Madden has caught 2k. I could go on for multiple paragraphs on what is confirmed to not be in Madden 10, that needs to be in it for it to even be brought up in the conversation.

I know I may come off as a ***** or ea basher, let me say, Ill buy the game, Ill admit the good stuff, at the end of the day, another Madden is released with half implemented stuff, and over hyped features.

I mean am I wrong or was it not: hey guys, things are going to be different this year, we are on the boards, we are making the game sim.

Cut to now, we have all these awesome things you requested in the game: Online franchise, Halftime shows, weekly recaps, refs on the field, and colored cleats.

Well Online franchise is only halfway done, Halftime show is the same as last year except they are full screen and you have a robotic woman send it back to the game, weekly recap looks useless, and refs are on the field, but they are just on the field, they serve no purpose.

To think 2 years ago Im basically running a league on a pad and paper with forums, then to last year where their league system almost made it harder to run a league, to this year which is looking bleaker and bleaker by the day. I mean to stand here and say these dudes spent the last 2 years "focusing" on online league improvement and this is where they are at?

Its almost like they planned to be ate up. I mean seriously, they are either just plain bad videogame designers or they intentionally leave stuff out so they can add stuff the next year.

I mean seriously, am I to believe that they had a meeting and said online franchise, cpu trades, salary cap, contracts. This is what we will leave out if we run out of time. This is what happens when you go from no league system or broke league system, to trying to implement online franchise in 9-10 months. These guys got to December and were like oh crap...... Leadership, leadership, leadership. lack of purpose, direction, and motivation.

And dont get me started on these guys whining about people "being mean" to them. They asked for it by coming on here, they released 4 bad games in 4 consecutive years, they promised the world and came up short.

geez, im sorry for ranting, but somewhere in here there has to be a medium, I dont even want to see these guys posting on here. They want us to idolize them and kiss their butt, yet they are wanna be game designers who lack the creativity and innovative spirit to handle Madden NFL Football, and until they get the leadership that can actually lead, and quit worrying about people being mean on twitter, than its always going to be the same thing. "we couldnt get this in, or we didnt have time". Any time there are more excuses in a feature list than features, something is wrong.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
geez, im sorry for ranting, but somewhere in here there has to be a medium, I dont even want to see these guys posting on here. They want us to idolize them and kiss their butt, yet they are wanna be game designers who lack the creativity and innovative spirit to handle Madden NFL Football, and until they get the leadership that can actually lead, and quit worrying about people being mean on twitter, than its always going to be the same thing. "we couldnt get this in, or we didnt have time". Any time there are more excuses in a feature list than features, something is wrong.
You can't undo 4 years of bad programming / game design in one year. You can fix whats most pressing and continue to press forward. They could easily take the Ortiz approach and ship another roster update with some mumbo-jumbo ring builder bullcrap.

I just wish the innovation was a little more bold. Fix that damn QB ice skating when dancing in the pocket, add moment TRUE momentum running (it was in Madden 04-05 PS2). Give us longer, better, more thought out presentation (this includes some real commentary). Add route based passing, and seriously punish gamers who drop back 80s yards then throw. Whats up with QB's being able to scramble and throw off the wrong foot without even trying to set their feet?!

I haven't played Madden 10 yet but from what I've seen im both very pleased with the direction, and incredibly frustrated with the product overall. Its the year 2009, we have ONE game for the most popular sport in America and we can't even get proper crowd reactions?? (Fans leaving in blow outs, reacting to big plays, homefield advantage.. etc. etc.) its sad.

P.S. Tiburon - Fly me out to your headquaters, im sure I can do a better job at commentating than Robo Hammonds
Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 13

Lisa del Giocondo

I know how she feels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 21

I agree with you, Renegade. Great post.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #37
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So... does this mean the CD guys get an apology?:P
He said the game still has forced drop-backs. I thought they took that out...

What's the deal?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Unfortunately Coach Ruckus's credibility has already been destroyed for his opinion to matter now. Just over a month or two ago everyone was saying he didn't know anything and now we are leaning on his opinion? don't get me wrong I'm sure Madden '10 wil be a great game, but whether or not he thinks so bears no weight with me. You can't have it both ways people.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
LOL, The guy played a e3 build 2 months before release and hes saying Madden has caught 2k. I could go on for multiple paragraphs on what is confirmed to not be in Madden 10, that needs to be in it for it to even be brought up in the conversation.

I know I may come off as a ***** or ea basher, let me say, Ill buy the game, Ill admit the good stuff, at the end of the day, another Madden is released with half implemented stuff, and over hyped features.

I mean am I wrong or was it not: hey guys, things are going to be different this year, we are on the boards, we are making the game sim.

Cut to now, we have all these awesome things you requested in the game: Online franchise, Halftime shows, weekly recaps, refs on the field, and colored cleats.

Well Online franchise is only halfway done, Halftime show is the same as last year except they are full screen and you have a robotic woman send it back to the game, weekly recap looks useless, and refs are on the field, but they are just on the field, they serve no purpose.

To think 2 years ago Im basically running a league on a pad and paper with forums, then to last year where their league system almost made it harder to run a league, to this year which is looking bleaker and bleaker by the day. I mean to stand here and say these dudes spent the last 2 years "focusing" on online league improvement and this is where they are at?

Its almost like they planned to be ate up. I mean seriously, they are either just plain bad videogame designers or they intentionally leave stuff out so they can add stuff the next year.

I mean seriously, am I to believe that they had a meeting and said online franchise, cpu trades, salary cap, contracts. This is what we will leave out if we run out of time. This is what happens when you go from no league system or broke league system, to trying to implement online franchise in 9-10 months. These guys got to December and were like oh crap...... Leadership, leadership, leadership. lack of purpose, direction, and motivation.

And dont get me started on these guys whining about people "being mean" to them. They asked for it by coming on here, they released 4 bad games in 4 consecutive years, they promised the world and came up short.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree somewhat, as Ian said in another thread today, online vs no online, coop vs no coop, halftime show vs no halftime show. As Ian stated, these features that are now in have now a foundation to build upon for future Maddens.

Don't get me wrong, I see your side, but I also understand Ian's side.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #40
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying, and I agree somewhat, as Ian said in another thread today, online vs no online, coop vs no coop, halftime show vs no halftime show. As Ian stated, these features that are now in have now a foundation to build upon for future Maddens.

Don't get me wrong, I see your side, but I also understand Ian's side.
Same here. I agree alot of things could be better, but considering what we've been getting, Madden 10 is a nice step forward. Now NCAA 10......that's a different story.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »