Home

Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

This is a discussion on Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #17
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Will the necessary elements missing from Online Franchise be able to be inserted with a patch? Cuz its not as playable without Salaries, a Salary Cap, worth while trades...
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
All the new features do look to be incomplete. Its almost as if we are getting a Madden 11 beta build this August.

Never thought of it like that, but I agree.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
Will the necessary elements missing from Online Franchise be able to be inserted with a patch? Cuz its not as playable without Salaries, a Salary Cap, worth while trades...
It's server based so I'm assuming a patch wouldn't be necessary. The game would just "see" the new functions when it went to grab the data from the server.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Well put, Ian. It's absurd that people complain about these things without the SLIGHTEST idea of how a game like Madden is built. People cry bloody murder that Online Franchise has no salary cap. Okay, fine, no Online Franchise mode AT ALL. Happy now?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #21
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
IMHO Madden is always a work in progress. You can call these 'incomplete' if you like but as a team we have to make the call to either build for the future or cram stuff in that people haven't asked for. To me, Madden 10 is still the deepest feature set and most fun version we have ever made. If your focus is only on what's missing, that's really an endless argument as no game in history has everything right? Do people complain that you can't fly the chopper in COD? Expectations are so different for every person but at some level it would be nice if folks realized that we aren't shipping an 'incomplete' game...we are shipping a game that will ALWAYS be improved upon.

Would you prefer no refs or refs that don't throw flags?
No recap show or a recap show that can be built on?
No co-op or 2 player co-op?
No online franchise or a server-based online franchise that can be updated?

I'm not really posing these questions to you guys...these are the decisions we had to make.
Thanks a lot for clearing that up Ian! I'm getting really annoyed with these people nit picking about every single thing that they see as an imperfection. I'm applauding you and your team the whole way for making drastic improvements to Madden and, from what I can see on the gameplay movies, an outstanding football game to play this year.

People should really go play Madden 09 again, and see the big improvements that's been made this year.

Who cares if we can run through refs. If we couldn't, people would've complained that refs get in your player's way.

Well done Ian! I sallute you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Well put, Ian. It's absurd that people complain about these things without the SLIGHTEST idea of how a game like Madden is built. People cry bloody murder that Online Franchise has no salary cap. Okay, fine, no Online Franchise mode AT ALL. Happy now?
Is it just me or is every post you make attempting to clown people for having legitimate concerns about the game? Do you think Ian is going invite to you to his house for cookies and ice cream for your "vigorous defense of his upstanding person" Seriously man, everyone doesn't have to agree with you or feel like the game is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 06-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #23
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Is it just me or is every post you make attempting to clown people for having legitimate concerns about the game? Do you think Ian is going invite to you yo his house for cookies and ice cream for your "vigorous defense of his upstanding person" Seriously man, everyone doesn't have to agree with you.
Legit concerns? Tell me how whining about a feature is a legit concern? Ian and Co. tell people they didn't have time, they tell people what is up, and still people cry foul. There's a difference between when someone points out something wacky (such as the video showing Ginn burning Asomugha) and brings up a solid point, versus simply throwing a temper tantrum.

There's a point where, as a consumer, you need to understand that developers can't just make everything happen. Especially with a game like Madden, where you have a one year product cycle, and we just saw a change in the development team. It's one thing to say "Ian, looking forward to when you get salary caps in online franchise," and another to demand it while insulting the development team (which seems to happen a LOT here).
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Is it just me or is every post you make attempting to clown people for having legitimate concerns about the game? Do you think Ian is going invite to you to his house for cookies and ice cream for your "vigorous defense of his upstanding person" Seriously man, everyone doesn't have to agree with you or feel like the game is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Agreed....maybe him and PantherBeast are one and the same!

Seriously, though, what these guys fail to realize is that it is the critiquing of the flaws in Madden 09 that brought about the improvements in 10....so let people voice their displeasures, it's only gonna make the game better if the devs truly are listening!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »