Home

Some more vids for the fellow madden heads

This is a discussion on Some more vids for the fellow madden heads within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Some more vids for the fellow madden heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by wohlm
Whats with the Colts Passing Defense being a 1? I'm pretty sure last year they allowed the fewest passing td's in the league. They didn't lose anybody to free agency and are returning back every player from last year from the secondary. I was watching the Colts video and I caught this on the rating screen.
Good question

The only way I could kinda see them being a 1 bar is if they are switching to a primarily man coverage scheme now that Dungy isn't the coach anymore.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 27

I like the fact that a lot of dumb passes are being picked off, but I'm still concerned with LB's having hands of glue. That was a big issue in '09, and I've read some grumblings about this from others who've played '10. I hope that get's straightened out.

I also love that they break the huddle and walk to the line in plain view. It's very consistent, and not since another game last gen has it been this good. But the ONE thing I dislike, is that almost every time the huddle-break scene is shown the players seem to be nodding their heads and looking down all funny. I wonder if something could've been done to edit that? I know they've been able to make different limbs move independently via some new tech they put in not long ago. I would like to see the guys heads looking straight up-ahead and not moving around. You can see it at :39 of the Raiders-Packers video... it's a little strange.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #75
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I also love that they break the huddle and walk to the line in plain view. It's very consistent, and not since another game last gen has it been this good. But the ONE thing I dislike, is that almost every time the huddle-break scene is shown the players seem to be nodding their heads and looking down all funny. I wonder if something could've been done to edit that? I know they've been able to make different limbs move independently via some new tech they put in not long ago. I would like to see the guys heads looking straight up-ahead and not moving around. You can see it at :39 of the Raiders-Packers video... it's a little strange.
I wish the movement was a little more dynamic as well and not the same every time (at least it appears to be the same). I wanted to see the QB sometimes adjusting his pads walking to the line (see 2K5) or just doing something other than just walking up and immediately settling under center. There's room for this next year though. I'm just glad they took heed to what we were saying and got the players walking. You compare the Madden pre-play sequence compared to what's seen in NCAA 10, and boy does it make a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »