Home

Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ian has done said that after the game released. Him and his crew was planning on trying to add the salary cap adn contract aspect of it on the web later on. Please try reading on it before posting a thread like this please.
The game is out now and we are playing it right now so why would we want to wait for Ian to fix it? It should have never been released with these issues.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

Just a total shot in the dark here but does anyone know where TGCRequiem1113 comes from? His spreadsheet is awesome and I'd like to ask him a few questions and maybe snag an updated version for the new rosters if available.

Anyone looking for a good system with solid realism needs to check his out. Someone track that dude down and get him back here.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Old 09-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi, I got your email. I'm sorry if I never got part 2 out there...it kept telling me b/c I didn't have many posts that it needed to be "viewed" by the devs first...that's what I get for trying to help :P

Anyway my link for the spreadsheet is still out there, but it has been updated for our league a couple times already due to trades between our players.

Lets see if it lets me post links now...
http://www.thegrammatoncleric.com/MO...E_SALARIES.xls

As you can see there are a couple of pc teams I haven't updated intra-season yet, but it isn't a big deal b/c the trade deadline has past anyway. The to the far right of each team indicate which teams are fully updated.

Maybe I can have you register to my forums so you can get a better idea of how the whole thing works.

You could probably back track the transactions that have occurred pretty easily if you were in our forums, not a lot of them since the start of the first season. I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you quicker on this.

Example we had a trade involving Joe Flacco and Michael Crabtree that you could notice on the spreadsheet as having been updated.

Last edited by TGCRequiem; 09-14-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #92
Rookie

TGC Salary Cap Part 2 - IE How We Actually Implement This

Due to Madden10 not having CPU Trade Logic or Contracts/Salaries for the Madden Online Franchise we will be operating these functions through the use of this website. Below is the overview of how these functions will operate. (Updated 07/30/09.)

CPU Trades:
ISSUE - Online Franchise has no CPU Trade Logic. Basically the game would allow you to trade your 7th round pick in the draft for Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Dwight Freeney if the Colts were a CPU controlled team.

RESOLUTION - We will be running all CPU trades through this website. As the commissioner I will have the ability to move players from team to team. So if you want to attempt to trade with the CPU you will need to post your trade request details on the 'NFL Players Association' forums attached to a poll with options to "Approve" or "Reject".

TRADE RULES
RULE 1 - For a trade to be accepted it must be met with a 60% approval rate by other Franchise Owners in the league, with a minimum of 4 approval votes.
RULE 2 - Trades will need to meet salary cap restrictions.
RULE 3 - Trade deadline is week 6. No further trades can be offered after that time-frame.
RULE 4 - During the playoffs we will open trading back up for draft positioning. Trade offers during the playoffs are only allowed if draft picks are involved. All trades must be offered before the Super Bowl week begins.
RULE 5 - Do not make or take trade approval personal. I expect everyone to vote based on the details of the trade alone.
RULE 6 - Franchise Owner to Franchise Owner trades will not require trade approval, however must still have the details posted and meet salary cap restrictions and thus run through the commissioners office before the trade processes.

Free Agency:
ISSUE - Online Franchise has no Contracts or Salaries. Basically the only way a player you obtain rights to will leave your team is if you cut/trade him or he retires. This becomes an issue because Franchise Owners, who start with a bad team, can only build their team through the draft which can be very difficult and slow.

RESOLUTION - We will run our own Contracts and Salaries and thus Free Agency system through use of this website. Details below.

FREE AGENCY RULES
The basic Free Agency Period steps are as follows. Detailed rules will follow.
PRE-SEASON - 1st Season Only - Initial free agency period that will operate as in step 4. (You know someone will want Mike Vick or Plaxico.)
STEP 1 - WEEKS 1-17 - Franchise owners review roster salary situation and determine what players they want to re-sign. Contracts updated.
STEP 2 - PLAYOFFS - Commissioner compiles and provides off-season free agent list.
STEP 3 - NFL DRAFT - Draft occurs, franchise owners determine what drafted rookies they want to sign. Contracts updated.
STEP 4 - FREE AGENCY - Owners bid on eligible players. Contracts updated.
STEP 5 - NEXT SEASON BEGINS - Repeat steps 1-5.

SALARY TRACKER
MADDEN10 LEAGUE SALARIES
MADDEN10 LEAGUE SALARIES - Excel
Initial contract length was drawn from http://www.rotoworld.com before the game released. Contracts length will not be changed because of changes to contracts after the creation of these salary sheets.

STEP 1 - WEEKS 1-17
During weeks 1 through 17 you will be responsible to review your roster and determine which players with expiring contracts you would like to resign and for what contract length and amount. Once you have determined who you want to re-sign you will inform me via private message through these forums.
1 - A player cannot be signed for any less then his "Expected Salary".
2 - If you sign a player at his "Expected Salary" you will be signing him at his "Expected Contract Length (ECL)".
3 - If you choose to sign a player for "1 Year +/-" his ECL the players Expected Salary will increase by 110%.
4 - If you choose to sign a player for "2 Years +/-" his ECL the players Expected Salary will increase by 120%.
5 - Players cannot be signed for any more than 1 or 2 years +/- the players ECL.
6 - Only players whose contracts are expiring can be resigned. No restructuring deals allowed.
7 - Franchise Owners must honor all contracts given. Players who retire or sustain career ending injuries will count against your cap as a 'Cap Hit' until one full season after they are gone. All 'Cap Hits' fall off at the start of the next regular season when new 'Cap Hits' are placed.
8 - Once you have provided your list of players being re-signed all other players with expiring contracts will be placed into the Free Agency pool spreadsheet.
9 - No "take backs" after your players to be re-signed information has been sent.
10 - Franchise Owners who do not send me their information in time will have all players with expiring contracts placed into Free Agency pool where they will have to bid for them with no guarantee of re-signing.

STEP 2 - PLAYOFFS
During the playoffs your commissioner will be compiling a list of all free agents released and updating team salary spreadsheets. This will be the Free Agent Pool used during the Free Agency period in Step 4. This information once compiled will be made available in the "Commissioner's Office" forum. The point of making this information available is so that you will be able to know both the quality of free agents available prior to the draft, and also so that you know your salary position in comparison to the cap prior to the draft. You will also need to know the number of players on your roster as you are restricted to 54.

STEP 3 - NFL DRAFT
The NFL draft is listed as a Free Agency step because you will need to determine which drafted players you want to sign prior to the start of the Free Agency period. Again this is so everyone knows their exact salary position in comparison to the cap prior to Free Agency and also how many players are on the roster as you are restricted to 54.
1 - All Top 10 draft picks will be signed to a 5 year contract worth 120% the players Expected Salary. No +/- of their ECL allowed.
2 - All other 1st round picks will be signed to a 3 year contract worth 110% the players Expected Salary. No +/- of their ECL allowed.
3 - All other draft picks will be signed to a 3 year contract worth the players Expected Salary. No +/- of their ECL allowed.
4 - All unsigned Franchise Owner draft picks will be added to the Free Agency Pool.

STEP 4 - FREE AGENCY
During the Free Agency period we will be accepting bids on players in the Free Agent Pool. We will operate the Free Agency periods in rounds until each Franchise Owner has filled their roster to 54 players.
1 - A bid for a player cannot be for any less then his "Expected Salary" and all players in Free Agency can only be signed to their ECL. No +/- allowed.
2 - Franchise Owners must honor all contracts by the amount of their bid. A player expecting a 700 salary contract could be overbid on and thus be overpaid.
3 - Total player bids cannot exceed 54 roster slots +3. If Detroit has 5 roster spots available after the draft they can bid on no more then 8 players.
4 - Total salary of all bids made cannot exceed cap availability.
5 - If a Franchise Owner offers more bids then allotted, or offers bids totaling a salary exceeding what he has available, then all bids by the Franchise Owner for that round will be forfeit.
6 - Once all valid bids are tallied, and ties broken, I will update the Free Agent Pool to show what players were successfully signed as free agents.
7 - In the case of ties I will offer the parties that tied the option to increase their bids with any remaining cap room they may have.
8 - In the scenario where neither of the tied parties is able to outbid the other then that player will be assigned to a computer team.
9 - Once the round of bidding is over, I will assign the top 20 remaining free agent players that were not originally bid on to computer teams at Expected Salary.
10 - We will then go into a second round of bidding following the above rules and so on repeating until all Franchise Owners have finished bidding or max player spots have been filled.
11 - In the case that a Franchise Owner does not have enough cap room to sign any player at their expected salary they will be given an exception allowing them to sign the lowest rated player at a position of depth need at that players Expected Salary and ECL. This will be done after all players under the cap have finished all rounds of bidding. (This is considered a mid level exception and may come into play in the regular season when free agents are needed as well).
12 - Franchises that have signed over 54 players, a max of 57, through the end of the free agency period will now need to choose which of the extra players they would like to cut. Players cut will count as a 'Cap Hit' for the following season regardless of whether another team signs them.

STEP 5 - NEXT SEASON BEGINS
Once all of the other off-season steps are completed all roster salary sheets will be fully updated and completed. This will include the updating of players Overall Ratings, addition of a year to each players age and years played, removal of one year from each players contract length. The rosters will then be made available for roster re-signing as soon as possible within the next season leading back into step 1.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #93
Rookie

In case you are interested, here is how our first season's "pre-season" free agent bidding went. Keep in mind that this "pre-season" bidding was only for the first season, in the future there will only be the one free agency period.

FREE AGENCY TRACKER
TGC MADDEN10 LEAGUE FREE AGENCY
TGC MADDEN10 LEAGUE FREE AGENCY - Excel
Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #94
Rookie

Thanks TGC. Also, for anyone interested, I am in the process of updating TGC's work to match the most recent roster update. I'll link to it as soon as I finish.

Thanks tremendously TGC for your work on this as it is BY FAR the most advanced salary cap management system out there and pretty easy to work with if you understand some basic excel. You da man TGC!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #95
Rookie

Here's an updated version of TGC's spreadsheet if anyone's interested:

http://www.xboxlivesportsleagues.com...play.php?f=860

It's updated with the week 1 roster update and all free agents, perfect for a dynasty just starting! All credit goes to TGCRequiem, I just updated his work. Thanks again TGC!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »