Home

Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

BUMP mafricking bumpty.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
Rookie

Re: Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

and another bump.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #43
Banned

Here is what I threw together one day. Very complicated and time consuming, though...what do you guys think?

__________________________________________________ _________

Salary Cap

Each team will have an identical "Salary Cap" limit. The Salary Cap takes into acct the following position's Overall rating. #1 = First String, #2 = Second String, etc.

QB

HB

FB

WR

TE

OL
#1 (x5)

DE

DT

LOLB

MLB

ROLB

CB

SS

FS

K

P

Any positions you don't see listed here are "free" players on your roster. Example: If you have 2 punters, your backup would not cost you any points to have on your team.

This system works by taking every above position listed, adding up everyone's total Overall Rating and putting a cap in place. I have come to the total of 2950 Overall Points, which also equals out to be a 84 Overall Average. meaning the above positions have to total under 2950 or 84 Ovr Avg. This keeps things balanced. That Overall Average of 84 may sound too low, but take a look at this.

Dallas Cowboys cap room would look like this:
2763 out of 2950. They are 187 under the cap.
(All player's Ovr Rating taken from ESPN for an example)

***Winning the SuperBowl grants your team an extra 100 Points on the year, for that year only, bringing your Salary Cap to 3050.***

***Winning your division earns your team an extra 50 Points to your Cap for a year, bringing your Cap Limit to 3000.***

Free Agency Guidelines

Regular Season

Must meet one of these requirements in order to sign a FA
-Lost previous week's game.
-Injury occurred in previous week's game.
-Short in a position(needs to be filled) due to trade or injury.
-It's your Bye Week.

Off-Season

Requirements during Free Agency Signing Period
-Worst record in the league gets the first FA pick. Best record gets the last FA pick. There will be 3 rounds in that very order, as long as your team still has cap room to participate.

Draft Signings

-After your Draft Picks are signed, you can elect to either cut the ones you don't need or cut from the rest of your roster - if in fact you wind up over the Salary Cap.

Trades

-Trades must be posted on the in-game message board. By the end of the week, if you have more votes from the league members in favor of the trade than against it, the trade will be allowed.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 8

if you are looking for real player contracts then try rotoworld. Its lists all pro sports and seems to be pretty accurate. Probably the best compilation of all teams in one site.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would really like an update from RAC to see if they have made any progress on actually adding in the contracts server side. Because this seems to be a major issue with everyone's online franchise including mine. I have 32 dedicated guys and a waiting list ready to go but this is making my life difficult even having to manage this.

Now I appreciate the creativity and innovative ideas that people have came up with here, but I think we all would rather have an integrated system. Lets try to keep this bumped or make a new thread specific to the issue until we can get some kind of response from RAC. This is priority number one for many of us right now. I only play online, and I only play in leagues. And now that they have added franchises it is almost a dream come true. We need a updated response to this to know if we are wasting our time or if we need to move forward and continue to develop systems.

Last edited by ctrob; 08-11-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #46
Rookie

I would LOVE an update from EA on this. Having a realistic system or our own is going to be an absolute nightmare for commishes.

Here's a link to the excel I have compiled with all teams from the ratings EA releases:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5jyolyj22tz

As you can see, the top teams have about 4000 overall ratings points. This is my cap i am working from and trying to develop a formula to take a bit more into account than just overall ratings.

I am basically using that, and trying to come up with a formula to take age, rating, and position into account. I will try and use rotoworld to find about 20 players from all levels, ie benchwarmer, stars, etc... to come up with a formula which will come as close to the real life dollar amounts as possible. I've got a preliminary formula already but it's hard to make it accurate for all walks of NFL players. I am working on that now though and trying to account for position as well.

Each season, the commish could just run a quick sript that adds one year to each player, and then add the rookies for each team, remove retired players, and update any other player movement, and the spreadsheet should do all the calculating for you. You can then host it online and it can be easily viewable by everyone.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

give me some feedback on this one:

In-Season Free Agent Wire

Player bids can be made at any time, but are processed every 48 hours by the commissioner (same time the week is advanced)

Free Agents bids must meet the minimum requirement for their rating, but can go as high as you want.

The first 24 hours of free agency is blind. PM your offer to the commissioner or to a player movement rep (purple). Only the top 3 offers will advance to day 2. All offers will then be shown, and the highest bidder from there wins the player.

If there is a tie bid at the processing time, the team with the worse record wins the bid.

If your roster is full, you must also release a player before signing a new one.

Cap Penalties

A team will lose 50% of a player's cap value in the following situations:

1) when you trade/release ANY player who has not yet completed 3 seasons;
2) when you trade/release ANY player who you just acquired (same season) via trade or free agency;

A team will lose 25% of a player's cap value if a player who has completed between 3 and 9 seasons is released at any time other than the free cut period during the off-season.

Players with 10+ years experience can be cut with no penalty at any time.

The penalty for transactions during a season will count against the following season's cap. If you trade your 80 OVR rookie this season then your team loses 40 pts against the cap for the duration of next season.

The new season officially starts June 1st in the NFL, which will be signified in XML by advancing the season. If you cut/trade players BEFORE the season is officially advanced but AFTER the SB you may choose to count them against the upcoming season's cap OR the following season's. If you cut/trade them after advancement they automatically count against the following, not upcoming, season's cap. It's easier than it sounds.

Off-Season Free Agency

*Each off-season every team will need to go through free agency. Each player will fall into 1 of 3 categories:

1) Rookie Protected (RP) - Any player who has NOT finished 3 seasons. These players are naturally protected and will NOT use up protection slots.

2) Restricted Free Agent (RFA) - A player who has finished exactly 3 seasons. For RFAs, a team can match any offer given by another team.

3) Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA) - A player who has finished 4 or more seasons. UFAs go into the FA pool during the off-season. There is no bid matching for UFAs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Excluding Rookie Protected players, a team must choose which RFAs and UFAs it will protect. Every team has the following allotment of slots available each off-season to use:

Level A = 95-99 - 2 players
B = 90-94 - 2
C = 85-89 - 4
D = 80-84 - 4
E = 75-79 - 6
F = 70-74 - 6
G = 65-69 - 8
H = <65 - 8

Extreme success/failure will lessen a team's # of protection slots. This will replicate what occurs in the NFL when guys leave SB teams for paydays and leave horrible teams in hopes of winning gms:

- SB winner loses 1 slot each from levels C, D, and E.
- SB loser loses 1 slot from levels D and E.
- Conference Champ. losers lose 1 slot from level D.
- Teams with 4/5 season wins lose 1 slot from level D.
- Teams with less than 4 wins lose 1 slot from levels D and E.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

***To provide more leeway teams also have the ability to slide their slots using the following setup:

Level A = 12
B = 8
C = 6
D = 4
E = 3
F = 2
G = 1.5
H = 1

The #s on the right are the value of the protection slot. Owners may trade-in any combination of slots in either an ascending or descending fashion. Ex. an owner can trade-in 1 C level slot (6 pts) and 1 F level slot (2 pts) to obtain 1 more B level slot in the event he has one B level (90-94 ovr) player unprotected by default. An owner could also cash-in 1 B level slot (8 pts) for 2 D level slots.

Addition: Slots may be moved freely to an extent. You must leave the following # of slots at each level. You CANNOT move both level A slots down.

Level A = 1
B = 1
C = 2
D = 2
E = 3
F = 3
G = 4
H = 4

Old 08-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #48
Rookie

Good god this iss complicated for 32 team leagues. This is going to be such a pain in the *** it isn't even funny. I am still working on my spreadsheet, but it is starting to dawn on me exactly how intensive this is going to be each and every day. Please. for the love of God EA, just patch your servers to allow the game to handle this stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »