Home

The Off-Season Makes The Season - This Is What's Missing

This is a discussion on The Off-Season Makes The Season - This Is What's Missing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The Off-Season Makes The Season - This Is What's Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I think that the winner of position battles should be determined by your coaches. Coaches need a bigger impact in madden.

For those Al Davis's out there that want total control of their team the option for position battles to be completely user decided would be good too. The cpu needs to take part in all of this with its teams as well.
That's true, but I like to play more as a coach anyway... I call the plays and all that, so I should have an input. But it's really more that the computer in last gen was pretty bad at picking the right guy. Like I might not play my starting HB much in the preseason, and even if he had a better YPC, if the backup had more yards (due to more carries) and was within a few of the starter's overall rating, he'd get the job. And with defensive guys, even if a CB had allowed a bunch of catches, if he was making more tackles he had a good chance of winning the job. I really think dougdeuce's coach input idea is a happy medium. I'd like there to be more coach input anyway, like the 'gameplan' and stuff.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
We already know that the Draft has gotten some sort of attention for Madden 10 (how much and the quality of which, we will know in about 2 months). However, there are some other things I believe are missing from Madden and would make it a more realistic experience. Any other idea?

QB Battles

Holdouts

Financial Drama

Risky Free Agency Decisions
Risky Free Agency Decisions 2 (past injuries)
THATS MY DREAM THAT MAYBE SOME DAY THERE MIGHT BE THESE EXACT THINGS IN A MADDEN!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
During the preseason/season it would be cool if there were pop up screens where your position coaches gave you input about position battles too.

2 games into preseason "hey coach, Culpepper doesn't look good out there. I think we should hand Stafford the reigns and see what he can do"

or

"Hey coach, I know Culpepper's struggling but putting Stafford in now isn't the right long term move. Lets keep developing him"

and then have a couple things affect player progress

playing time
coaching time

this way Stafford could improve more (hypothetically) from the bench during his first year or so than he could if he were to be put in the starting spot from game 1 and struggle on the field.
Playing rookies (specifically QB's) should be more of a risk/reward scenario.
THAT WOULD BE AWSOME AND IT WOULD GO WELL BECOUSE OF THE NEW WAY OF RATING PLAYERS AS WELL ... I AM REALLY A BIG FRANCHISE PLAYER GUY...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I am still hoping holdout is going to be on madden 10 offline franchise mode. Ian has said there will be offline franchise blogs coming the near future. So not rushing to judge until we get all the details of offline franchise
Old 06-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
During the preseason/season it would be cool if there were pop up screens where your position coaches gave you input about position battles too.

2 games into preseason "hey coach, Culpepper doesn't look good out there. I think we should hand Stafford the reigns and see what he can do"

or

"Hey coach, I know Culpepper's struggling but putting Stafford in now isn't the right long term move. Lets keep developing him"

and then have a couple things affect player progress

playing time
coaching time

this way Stafford could improve more (hypothetically) from the bench during his first year or so than he could if he were to be put in the starting spot from game 1 and struggle on the field.
Playing rookies (specifically QB's) should be more of a risk/reward scenario.
Well this wouldn't be a half bad idea. But instead of that happening with then pop up screen. More like have the GM send the coach a email to him giving him some ideas on this subject.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

I know what mode is missing.....

....the "Brett Favre is coming out of Retirement" mode!!!!!

Man, that would be great! They could have Jon Clayton do a weekly show with all the new updates, surgeries, pics of Favre mowing his lawn, coaches talking about Favre playing for their team. This mode could be so deep. I doubt that EA has the resource needed for such a massive undertaking that is the "Brett Favre retirement mode." This would need an entire new level of commitment to implement this mode correctly. No off-season would be complete without mentioning Brett Favre. (god, it hurts to even type his name....ouch!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »