Home

Madden Challenge Debate [Tourney Ballers Please]

This is a discussion on Madden Challenge Debate [Tourney Ballers Please] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Do You Think?
Good Point i would like to see this addressed 7 87.50%
Good Point but its not important 1 12.50%
I like the way it is 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Madden Challenge Debate [Tourney Ballers Please]

I have played in the Madden Challenge the past 4 or so years and have become frustrated with the fact that i have always been forced to watch the draining of the clock on my part or others because in the end wasting 40 seconds of play clock in a 2 minute quarter game ultimately decides the game (Clock Management)

At first i thought to myself that maybe the guy who was able to manage the clock (Clock Ball) well was skilled but not until speaking with a friend (Robbery21) who gave his opinion did i see the issue with the madden challenge rule settings.

My issue is that if they decrease the quarter time (2 Minutes) to allow the tournament to end faster then why not the play clock(40 Seconds)?.If they decrease the quarter time to ensure the tournament ends in good time why not ensure each player gets a fair chance to win games?. i was thinking rather then allow a 40 second play clock we can have an option to decrease the play clock to either 25 or 20 seconds to stop the 95% of the players who clock ball rather then play football.

Given the circumstances and thousands of dollars involved i am not upset with the fact that it is being used i just think for the future the ability to change the playclock to make games fair should be an option.

I just thought this was a good thing to bring up but what do you guys think? Any other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden Challenge Debate [Tourney Ballers Please]

Ya I play in a madden torny at my local gamestop last year and it was annoying. But that is the way the rules are.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Challenge Debate [Tourney Ballers Please]

Good point, I would like to see this addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »